Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Widge said:

Davidson, Paton, Craig, Spoony, Alston, Thompson, O'Halloran with 4 of them being hit and cold wingers.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling something's afoot. All this doesn't quite add up properly in my mind.

You've missed out. Scougall and McLean  Tommy saying he's wanting to see Spoony and Alston in the middle too,so they might be options 

hopefully if it's a loan to another premiership side we make sure he can't play against us this season!

Rules of the league enforce such a thing.

People do realise even if Midge did stay this would be his last season anyway. So if we did let others go first then by by the summer we would be very short and need more than 1 in. 
1 of the keys to our success has been avoiding that kind of turn around of players. 
People thinking there's more to this... There just isnt. He's getting older and no longer justifies his wage in terms of fitness etc. We can't just hold onto players for sentiments sake. Its a business that needs to progress. 

TW says as much in his interview, says he's been talking to Millar since last season about him no longer being a certain starter.

Can understand it, the season before last he was an utter liability with his injuries and i wouldn't be too surprised if TW simply lost confidence in him after it. Wish we'd been told all this earlier though.

You've missed out. Scougall and McLean  Tommy saying he's wanting to see Spoony and Alston in the middle too,so they might be options 

I'm intrigued by his comments about using them in the middle, I quite like Wotherspoon in there tbh, in the right type of game, the more he matures the more he looks comfortable in that role. Alston I'm not so confident about.

I disagree. He's talked about how much he's enjoyed being one of the lads again and how much he owes Wright. Bear in mind he's already moved and failed in his career, I think that'll have a huge impact. He's tried down south and failed to an extent, he's tried the bigger team and failed. He knows it works for him at saints especially if he's happy and fit.

It didn't stop Swanson.

Didn't stop him choosing Hearts over you the first time though.

Nope, he's quadrupled his wage and trusted Levein though, and admitted after his move to Hibs he regretted leaving us.

Fwiw I don't think O'Halloran would choose us over an English Championship side.

O'Halloran turned down a permanent move to an English team , then three other SPL teams before signing with us.

Moving to a club to refind form made us easily the most desirable option, finding a club to progress with, will be different. I'll still be amazed if he's here beyond January

Moving to a club to refind form made us easily the most desirable option, finding a club to progress with, will be different. I'll still be amazed if he's here beyond January

No shock you have your negative head on. Take it off now and again and try and enjoy things a bit more. It will do you the world of good.

No shock you have your negative head on. Take it off now and again and try and enjoy things a bit more. It will do you the world of good.

Not being negative at all, we can't afford O'Halloran permanently even if he takes a cut, as far as I can tell. If he keeps up this form then a decent Championship side will make an offer and he'd be stupid not to take it, as he's the type of player who could make it down there and have a fine career.

If that comes to pass then he'll likely have helped us into a decent position. Win win.

10 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Nothing new tam unfortunately. I'd imagine that will be us unless one of the kids go out on loan. Been a good window I would say. Squad looking decent.

Were is the third jewel perthsaint 1977 or was that just supporters wishful thinking?

There is still a player trying to get things sorted with a dispute with his club who could add to our forwards and I am sure would be delighted to become a Saint.