Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

As others have said, he was excellent in his loan spell but has been brutal since. No pace, constantly dragged out wide, bullied in the air, always backs off the attacker and constant hoofs up the park (couldn’t adapt to our tiki-taka style, probably what attracted Wright to him). Has been the weaklink in our shit-filled defence this season.

Enjoy.

54 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

He'll not last long if that's the case.

Yep. He will struggle big time if he comes into the Saints dressing room with an attitude on him. They'll eat him up. 

Anderson has played 45 minutes since the start of August. Of course, Kerr and Shaughnessy could cripple each other tomorrow night and we'd be in trouble but the likelihood is that Keown will have minimal, if any, involvement, like, in previous years, Hart, Doyle etc... 

The aim will still be to get the academy/reserves to the stage where we don't need to make these type of signings but the manager obviously feels those coming through at the moment aren't good enough. 

Great news about Kerr. Club in a very strong position now with him. 

If Tommy Wright can get the Keown we had for his initial 6 months with us then you have a solid option at CB. 

If it’s the the total imposter we have endured for the past 12 months then nae joy. 

Perhaps going back in time by moving to Perth might help him rediscover his initial form. 

41 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I remember Ross county fans telling us how bad Richard Foster was when we signed him. That turned out fine.
Let's see what magic Tommy can work on a lad who has obviously lost his way at a poor a club.

33 minutes ago, yoda said:

{{citation needed}}

From memory most County fans rated Foster? Even me. 

Tbf I'm sure our thread get taken over by Aberdeen fans telling us how shite Foster was and how he'd "destroy the dressing room".

Keown coming and acting billy big baws won't end well for him at all, the manager won't even need to get involved as the players would soon sort it out.

Big changes in the dressing room though. That's Mannus, Anderson, Millar and MacLean all gone in the past year or so.

Thinking about it. Anderson out, Thistle paying some of his wage, we get Keown for less, and we've effectively just swapped 4th choice CH while also saving some money.

Might help funnel wages towards extensions/signings.

Said this re: Keown on Friday

On 1/25/2019 at 17:53, Fuctifano said:

Keown's deterioration has been incredible, he looked solid in the top 6 season, hardly lost a header for a guy who isn't huge and pretty much everyone thought we'd won a watch getting him back, even for a fee. 

It can't *all* have been Liam Lindsay, can it? 

there's a player in there somewhere. The worst of it if he does get a game is you'll see pictures of his dad in the crowd which isn't pleasant.

Delighted about Kerr. On Ando, whilst he’s a club legend and I love the guy, he’s definitely 4th choice. He maybe just wants to be playing himself. Keown has been good in 1/3 of the time at thistle. If there’s any manager/club who could find consistency in someone who ‘can’ do it, then it’s us. Win win for me.

I’ve had a few hours away to think about it and.... I still think this is a totally shit deal. The good points - we’ve got a player who cost thistle money on what is effectively a 6 month trial. If ando is to leave in the summer and Keown does well, we can sign him permanently. He’s probably cheaper than Anderson and it may help us get a signing or an extended contract over the line. 

You just need to look at the Thistle support response to see why this isn’t a great deal for us though. Poor player with a crap attitude who can’t even get a regular game for a team at the bottom of the division below. The fact we’re swapping a Scottish cup winner (even if it is temporary) for him just doesn’t sit well with me. We’re now relying on Shaughnessy - who’s only 26 himself- to be the experienced head at the back and to guide the other central defenders through until the end of the season. It’s also a big loss to the changing room - not just losing Anderson but gaining a potential tadger too. 

I take the point that we’ve signed players before who have come with bad reputations and they’ve been fine - Watt probably the most recent example- but that was a gamble worth taking for a quality player. Keown has a questionable attitude and questionable ability. A very un-St Johnstone thing to do! 

Anderson is fourth choice with us for a reason. If he feels like he wants to be playing regularly for the final year or two of his career then he deserves the chance to get it, but he's clearly not getting it here this season.

I'd rather take a punt on Keown, who's shown he can play at a high level in this division before, than some absolute random like Krachunov/Jahic, which I assume was the plan with that Zouma character last week, if this deal fell through. I'm loathe to believe fans of other clubs about players "attitude" aswell, Thistle fans literally lashed out at every player in their squad last season.

Its not a great deal, but I'm not as worried about it as I would've been six months ago.