Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Tommy Wright will always be associated with the clubs most successful period. 2 league cup semi finals, breaking the SC Semi Final hoodoo, winning the trophy, 4 European campaigns.

His signings were very hit and miss, for every Shaughnessy you had a Vihmann.

He also started bringing through youth, he’s responsible for May, Gordon, Kerr, Clark all being in the team.

His arguing with Brown in public was cringeworthy at times but he shared the same feelings of the fans.

I said it on here but I was in a deep hole at the time he was appointed mentally having lost my job and in an abusive relationship. Saturdays in his first season were one of the few escapes I had.

I’d be disappointed if he showed up at Killie but happy he’s back in football, however he was very open on his hatred of plastic pitches. I’d be surprised if he turned up there, in fact I’m not sure he’ll return to Scottish football because he’s still in NI As far as I’m aware.

Cheers for that. I think he would maybe do quite well at us, I was worried about how he would get on with our board/players because I do remember him being quite vocal about brown a lot. 

We did hunt Kirsten Robertson out the club who turned up at you and didn’t get on too well with him IIRC and Steve Clarke spoke really highly of our board so maybe we would be a good fit in that aspect. 

Also good to hear that he gave youth a chance. I never even really thought about that and whilst we don’t have that many amazing looking prospects we have a couple who definitely deserve more of a chance than they have been given. 

He didn't like the fact we hired Kirsten Robertson and took some control out his hands, so you'd probably have to punt James Fowler to get TW, unless he's willing to overlook that now simply to get a job. Although one minute he was moaning he had too much control, then the next he was moaning about having to do everything himself. I'm honestly glad to get a transfer window come to a close without a manager spending every press conference spreading doom amongst fans by talking about how terrible everything is.

He done well putting youngsters in, but I always felt it was as much down to our youth system and loan spells as anything else sometimes. On the other hand his signing were often predictable, but his hands were tied with how poorly our club apparently was run behind the scenes in terms of scouting. The two things may be connected.

He'd likely keep you up, Dicker/Power exactly his type of CMs, he could probably turn McKenzie into a reliable attacking threat. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He didn't like the fact we hired Kirsten Robertson and took some control out his hands, so you'd probably have to punt James Fowler to get TW, unless he's willing to overlook that now simply to get a job. Although one minute he was moaning he had too much control, then the next he was moaning about having to do everything himself. I'm honestly glad to get a transfer window come to a close without a manager spending every press conference spreading doom amongst fans by talking about how terrible everything is.

He done well putting youngsters in, but I always felt it was as much down to our youth system and loan spells as anything else sometimes. On the other hand his signing were often predictable, but his hands were tied with how poorly our club apparently was run behind the scenes in terms of scouting. The two things may be connected.

He'd likely keep you up, Dicker/Power exactly his type of CMs, he could probably turn McKenzie into a reliable attacking threat. 

Is he a miracle worker?

5 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Just think that could've been you. No more manky fingers.

Probably better having someone that knows what they're doing, tbf.

34 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

Celtic after Jason Kerr ( again ) !!

Think you've got mixed up. It's Jonjoe Kenny they're after.

Only rumour going about for us is Drey Wright on loan...

7 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Does an exciting day beckon?

"Wouldve liked one or two in but January window is always hard, nothing quite went right for us. Happy with the squad and getting Middleton in, sets us up really well for the rest of the season"

There you go.

Unless we were going all out to significantly improve a position (ie goalkeeper or left back), do we really need anybody else? I know injuries will always kick in but there’s consistent danger we sign a Michael Hart type that’s just utterly pointless.

7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Unless we were going all out to significantly improve a position (ie goalkeeper or left back), do we really need anybody else? I know injuries will always kick in but there’s consistent danger we sign a Michael Hart type that’s just utterly pointless.

I'm still worried that we only have 3 centre backs, but I guess Booth/Rooney can both fill in to a degree.