Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Hard to put figures on these things, but if Turnbull is worth £3.25 plus add ons, shouldn't we be asking for closer to that for McCann?

Turnbulls goal tally added to his fee IMO.

McCanns strengths easier to fly under the radar.

Theres zero chances hes not been noticed, clubs are struggling to pay big fees and most that are seem to be spending it on attackers. His time will come.

I wonder if McCann is a full international may help?

Turnbulls goal tally added to his fee IMO.
McCanns strengths easier to fly under the radar.
Theres zero chances hes not been noticed, clubs are struggling to pay big fees and most that are seem to be spending it on attackers. His time will come.

I missed much of the first half today due to a dodgy stream. Watching now on Alba. Ignoring the obvious goals we conceded, that was a really commanding performance from us first half. 

That plus the second half, that has to be  one of our best performances of the season today. Well impressed. Keep moving the ball like that and we’ll be looking up rather than down. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’d probably swap a new signing for a Melamed contract extension at this point. 

Think we wasted all our cash extending May's deal when you were panicking about someone getting him on a pre-contract in late autumn. 

Thomas Muller Soccer GIF by FC Bayern Munich

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Think we wasted all our cash extending May's deal when you were panicking about someone getting him on a pre-contract in late autumn. 

Thomas Muller Soccer GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Thankfully I’m not paid to manage the team :lol: 

I would still extend May’s contract. 

Apparently Luke McCowan might leave Ayr in the next 2 days as hes refusing to sign a new deal, and a clubs made a cash offer, so its take money/sell on clause now or lose him for nothing in the Summer.

I'll be seething if he ends up elsewhere in this division.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently Luke McCowan might leave Ayr in the next 2 days as hes refusing to sign a new deal, and a clubs made a cash offer, so its take money/sell on clause now or lose him for nothing in the Summer.

I can't see us buying anyone 

Happy if I'm wrong 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

So you will be "Raging " if we sign Lafferty and "seething " if McCowan goes elsewhere.. ? That's potentially a lot of anger to come out. Watch your blood pressure dude.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saw we were linked with him, sounds like the exact kind of deal we do too

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Saw we were linked with him, sounds like the exact kind of deal we do too

Yeah think the step up to Premiership level is his next step, and you've already got Forrest to encourage him.

I really like him so be interesting to see how he adapts. Probably end up awful 😂

On that note, thought Murray Davidson was brilliant yesterday. Not only off the ball but on the ball, for the winner he does excellent to pick a pass out with his weak foot, under pressure, when many others would just blooter it. Happy to admit my criticism of him is unwarranted. He had a bad season last year IMO, but the system was making him look worse than he is this time around. In a 3 he still looks like a big player for us.

7 hours ago, THE FAT MAN said:

I can't see us buying anyone 

Happy if I'm wrong 

Noticed Kyle Turner wasn't in Dunfermlines squad yesterday...

But again, Hearts fans on here reckon he's signing for them.

Just posting here to try and see what your thoughts are on Tommy Wright now that he’s been away from you for a while? 

How do you rate his entire time at you and would you be disappointed if he turned up at killie?

A lot of our fans want him but I’m not really sold on him (I know he apparently hates plastic pitches). I know he done some really good things when in charge of you but I just can’t seem to take to him so a bit of insight into how you rate him and his signings etc would be appreciated!

Tommy Wright will always be associated with the clubs most successful period. 2 league cup semi finals, breaking the SC Semi Final hoodoo, winning the trophy, 4 European campaigns.

His signings were very hit and miss, for every Shaughnessy you had a Vihmann.

He also started bringing through youth, he’s responsible for May, Gordon, Kerr, Clark all being in the team.

His arguing with Brown in public was cringeworthy at times but he shared the same feelings of the fans.

I said it on here but I was in a deep hole at the time he was appointed mentally having lost my job and in an abusive relationship. Saturdays in his first season were one of the few escapes I had.

I’d be disappointed if he showed up at Killie but happy he’s back in football, however he was very open on his hatred of plastic pitches. I’d be surprised if he turned up there, in fact I’m not sure he’ll return to Scottish football because he’s still in NI As far as I’m aware.