Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Disaster written all over it. 

Dunno, I could see him being a bit of a spark up front. Has/had the ability to do something a bit different. Like many others, needs a manager who can get the best out of him. I'd imagine he will be the kind of guy to attempt shots from anywhere, which is what we need. 

Clark

Rooney -- Cleary -- Gordon -- McCart --Gallacher

Butterfield -- Shaw -- Someone 

Cifti -- Kane

Probably who we'd look to line up if everyone is fit. That still leaves Middleton, Eetu, May, O'Halloran all off the bench to at least try and impact a game. Doesn't take into account Viv since I suspect he'll be away somewhere else. Only worry is the amount of new signings in the team, it'll either work and click or it simply won't, but we've got to try something as we're dire right now.

As for next season, irrespective of the division we're in, look to move on Ambrose, Craig, Davidson, O'Halloran at the very least. You'll lose Muller and Middleton on loan as well, maybe McPherson if he's not punted. At least all these new signings are permanent which can only be a positive (Crawford excluded).

9 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I'd forgotten about that 🤣

Who was it he bit?

Jim McAlister. 

He then said he never bit him and that Jim was calling him racist names and insulting his heritage. A claim Dundee United stood by. 

Sadly for him, Jim's best mate is also Turkish and was best man at his wedding. 

It all went eerily quiet soon after that. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

Clark

Rooney -- Cleary -- Gordon -- McCart --Gallacher

Butterfield -- Shaw -- Someone 

Cifti -- Kane

Probably who we'd look to line up if everyone is fit. That still leaves Middleton, Eetu, May, O'Halloran all off the bench to at least try and impact a game. Doesn't take into account Viv since I suspect he'll be away somewhere else. Only worry is the amount of new signings in the team, it'll either work and click or it simply won't, but we've got to try something as we're dire right now.

As for next season, irrespective of the division we're in, look to move on Ambrose, Craig, Davidson, O'Halloran at the very least. You'll lose Muller and Middleton on loan as well, maybe McPherson if he's not punted. At least all these new signings are permanent which can only be a positive (Crawford excluded).

I like the look of that defence. Feels a lot more balanced now. Not sure Gallacher would be a starter from the off, but real competition on the left side now.

Cifti and Kane could either be a glorious partnership or utter hell. I think we now have a few different type of attacking players, although none are likely to get us 20+ goals a season. Maybe Cifti becomes another pain in the arse front man who brings the midfield into play alongside Kane. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Jim McAlister. 

He then said he never bit him and that Jim was calling him racist names and insulting his heritage. A claim Dundee United stood by. 

Sadly for him, Jim's best mate is also Turkish and was best man at his wedding. 

It all went eerily quiet soon after that. 

🤣 f**k sake

Just now, TractorBoy said:

Completely disagree.

We've been missing a big annoying b*****d up top. This team lacks charisma and fight. He'll bring that 🥊

He won’t bring fight - he will take the huff which is what he has done everywhere. Yes he may kick out at someone but I would rather a player on the park giving us something that a petulant p***k who doesn’t give us much

Zander Clark - 2022

Elliot Parish - 2022

Ross Sinclair - 2024

Jack Wills - 2024 - on loan at Brechin City

Craig Hepburn - 2023

Defenders 

Shaun Rooney - 2022

James Brown - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2024 - on loan at Brechin City

Hayden Muller - 2022 - on loan from Millwall

Daniel Cleary - 2024 

Efe Ambrose - 2022 

Liam Gordon - 2025

Jamie McCart - 2022

Sam Denham - 2022

Liam Parker - 2022

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Murray Davidson - 2022

Craig Bryson - 2022

Charlie Gilmour -2023

Cammy McPherson - 2022 - on loan from St Mirren

Ali Crawford - 2024

Liam Craig - 2022

Jacob Butterfield - 2022

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 - on loan at Montrose

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at Edinburgh City

Bailey Pert - 2023

Spencer Moreland - 2022

Jordan Northcott - 2022

Michael O’Halloran- 2023

Glenn Middleton - 2022 - on loan from Rangers 

Viv Solomon-Otabor - January 2022

Attackers

Stevie May - 2023

Chris Kane - 2023

Callum Hendry - 2022 - on loan at Kilmarnock

Taylor Steven - 2022

Eetu Vertainen - 2023

Nadir Ciftci - 2022

No where near finished yet bois.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Has he been playing much of late? He absolutely piled it on with us when he wasn’t playing. Took a fair while to get up to speed with Motherwell as well.

Last played on December 12th.

We've nothing to lose really, the strikers we have aren't going to score enough to save us. He's a relatively proven striker at this level and we'd struggle to do much better in a January window. I think we'll try and add another striker too.