Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

We’ll have a decent chance if we beat you this weekend. If we lose this one you’ll be too far ahead of us.

0-0.

I'd take a 0-0 draw now - with us getting our nil in the 98th* minute to sicken you.

Using Celtic's 'Seville' calculator, this number goes up every time I mention it.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20230221_073642_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2284db913d1b136672a7c351af011e31.jpg

Looking forward to an exciting game on Saturday with two teams treating it as an away game and being cagey.

I mean it’s an interesting one. Our away record is so much better than our home one this season, so something has to change. Alternatively St Mirren are awful away from home, so the way to win is to go at them especially with their injuries. 

27 minutes ago, Widge said:

I mean it’s an interesting one. Our away record is so much better than our home one this season, so something has to change. Alternatively St Mirren are awful away from home, so the way to win is to go at them especially with their injuries. 

The cynic in me believes this is nothing more than a pre-emptive strike against any criticism when we sit deep in a 5-3-2 and look for a scabby 1-0, tbh.

Especially considering the chat of "we've been trying different formations out but we'll try to replicate what we do away" not long after talking about the back 5 being the most effective set up away from home.

44 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Just get him so far to f**k from our club. 

Used to enjoy going to McD every week. It's now one of life's chores. 

30 minutes ago, Radford said:

Was just coming on to post that quote. The least inspiring man to ever walk the earth.

Well unless some English club with more money than sense can be suckered into taking a punt on him it looks like we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future. 

And it looks like the club and some fans are now fully onboard that just surviving in the top league is successful. 

Hopefully any new owners will have some ambition because at the moment the whole club is embracing mediocrity.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

You'd think we were like 1970 Brazil at home. Much of the game we barely cross the halfway line.

This is it. He’s basically looking at our record of conceding 12 in our past 4 home league games and drawn that conclusion.

Ignoring Celtic and rangers at home, we set up in his favoured no-midfield 5-2-3 formation at home to Hearts and Utd and barely kicked the ball in the first 20 minutes in each, camped on our own 18 yard line.  The difference was hearts are decent and went 2-0 up, Utd are shite and it was 0-0 in a scabby game and we eventually lost 1-0 to a late strike. We played well against hearts for a good while after changing shape at 0-2. 

He’s basically talking about the Livingston match when we played well for 5 minutes then turned into a shambles every time they attacked, 0-3 at HT. But that’s ignoring the fact that we came out more positive in the second half and probably should have got level.

Our home results this season:

Hibs 0-1 *

Aberdeen 0-1 *

St Mirren 3-0

Ross County 0-0 *

Celtic 1-2

Kilmarnock 1-0

Rangers 2-1

Morherwell 1-1 *

Hearts 2-3

Dundee United 0-1 *

Livingston 2-4

Celtic 1-4

I’ve * matches where you could argue we dropped points by sitting back and being too negative.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20230221_073642_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2284db913d1b136672a7c351af011e31.jpg

Looking forward to an exciting game on Saturday with two teams treating it as an away game and being cagey.

What the f**k is going on here. 

While I mean no disrespect to St. Mirren suggesting you're going to pack 11 men behind the ball at home to them is utterly madness. 

Not expecting us to exactly go mad and throw the kitchen sink at them but do we need to be so negative?

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What a complete load of shite that is 🤣

We treat every game exactly the same regardless of where it is. The fact that we’re so passive at McDiarmid is the issue, not that we’re forcing it at the wrong times. 

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What the f**k is going on here. 

While I mean no disrespect to St. Mirren suggesting you're going to pack 11 men behind the ball at home to them is utterly madness. 

Not expecting us to exactly go mad and throw the kitchen sink at them but do we need to be so negative?

In your 3-0 victory earlier in the season against us you sat in like an away team. 

It must be one of the few away games we had more possession, shots and corners. 

It worked well for you that day.