Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Im enjoying the Saints fan having a meltdown on Facebook about ticket sales being online.

Apparently its too restrictive and people miss out, so they should only sell tickets from the club ticket office instead.

A quick guess suggests hes an over 60 who lives in Perth. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im enjoying the Saints fan having a meltdown on Facebook about ticket sales being online.

Apparently its too restrictive and people miss out, so they should only sell tickets from the club ticket office instead.

Cash is king remember. A thoroughly amusing read 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does he work at Perth College by any chance?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

To be fair, would it be that hard to let older fans who don't do tech pop down to the ticket office and have one of the staff help them?  You won't always be under 30 RandomGuy 😉

ETA. That being said, the old codger would probably be better phoning Bev than moaning about it on Facebook. 

Edited by The Marly
Just because

10 minutes ago, The Marly said:

To be fair, would it be that hard to let older fans who don't do tech pop down to the ticket office and have one of the staff help them?  You won't always be under 30 RandomGuy 😉

ETA. That being said, the old codger would probably be better phoning Bev than moaning about it on Facebook. 

If they are tech savvy enough to work Facebook, then they should be able to buy tickets online.

Although, a big part of me would rather go back to the days of quing up for tickets. Made it that bit more special and always feels better to have a physical ticket to keep.

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

If they are tech savvy enough to work Facebook, then they should be able to buy tickets online.

Although, a big part of me would rather go back to the days of quing up for tickets. Made it that bit more special and always feels better to have a physical ticket to keep.

It’s a physical ticket anyway,cost me £2.50 postage, 😲

Haven’t read the guys comments, but in fairness the hearts site was a bit of a shambles. Don’t know if that was a factor..

It is a bit unusual you can only buy online but there’s no e-tickets, only paper copies posted out.

Love an away day at Tynecastle, feels like a few years since we’ve won there. Was the 1-0 Callum Hendry header the last time?

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

Bev already helps with sales for those who don't do online. Not sure if it's for all games though but aware it has happened in the past. 

10 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Haven’t read the guys comments, but in fairness the hearts site was a bit of a shambles. Don’t know if that was a factor..

It is a bit unusual you can only buy online but there’s no e-tickets, only paper copies posted out.

Love an away day at Tynecastle, feels like a few years since we’ve won there. Was the 1-0 Callum Hendry header the last time?

To be fair, as the Yellowbox says, if he can work Facebook then working the ticketing on the Saints website should be manageable.  As for his comments, he apparently spends his life sitting on the roof - in which case maybe a new wife should be his first priority 😁. I just get a wee bit worried that Random thinks anyone over the age of sixty is for the knacker's yard.  I'm only a few years away and I worry that hen the day comes Random and his heavies will turn up at my hoose, drag me out and shoot me!

59 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Such is the negativity around Saints at the moment it seems like folk are going off on one at the drop of a hat. 

Quite, there was literally no need to go mental over this. It's not like the first batch of tickets sold out instantly, they took days to sell. If the person had really wanted to go, they'd have gotten them the day they came out, or called Bev to get it sorted. Simple as that, total non-issue.

Not sure what to make of the article. Interest cooled and we did go elsewhere, but I presume we were waiting to see how it went before going back.

Surely we make an attempt.

Why does Mclennan get a game?

No player in the squad is perfect but he offers very very little. I could think of 5-6 players at the club who in my eyes could/should offer more in a similar role. 

Carey likewise. Plenty fancy flicks, very little end product. 

Negative Davidsons mindset. Great manager etc etc etc. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

11 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

No player in the squad is perfect but he offers very very little. I could think of 5-6 players at the club who in my eyes could/should offer more in a similar role. 

Carey likewise. Plenty fancy flicks, very little end product. 

Negative Davidsons mindset. Great manager etc etc etc. 

We play very negatively but there’s always space for a passenger who provides nothing for the team in a defensive sense and little more in an attacking sense. At least last season and to a point this season Crawford scored the odd goal but neither McLennan or Carey do anything like that.

12 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Pace and directness.

You need multiple players capable of taking people on in a team, IMO, and outside Wright i cant think of many?

May wont beat anyone for pace and Montgomery doesnt seem to want to most of the time.

MacPherson much like May in that he can beat folk but wont get away from them.

All we're doing with him is repeating the mistake with O'Halloran and wasting a pacey, direct, wide threat up front chasing punts.