Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Get CD so far to f**k. Sick and tired of crap during the week and the same turgid crap week in week out. 

If he's still in charge next season I won't be renewing my season ticket. It's become a chore going to watch this team which is so wrong. 

As for his treatment of Spoony, absolutely staggering he's still not been offered a deal or gets a game ahead of Carey. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not a fan of these types of statements.

Inevitably bites you on the arse. Nice to see some ambition at the club publicly, combined with Davidson half suggesting we can make the top half, but im not sure this is the way to go about it really.

I think only MacPherson and Considine,( months ago) have given out this type of chat. 

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Not to speak on behalf of all 'well fans I think our season would be best described as "a fucking shitshow".

Amusingly, as it stands, we're not only just 1pt behind you but you've lost more games than us as well.

To speak to your broader point, similar seasons to this have seen Motherwell managers either resign (Robinson 20/21 - 17 pts after 19 games - we were on 19 pts at the same stage this season) or be sacked (McGhee 16/17 - 24 pts after 26 games - 26 pts at the same stage this season).

Sums up my point. 

I know fan opinion v manager opinion are always going to differ but there's fans out there defending Saints results and performances. If you asked them "are Motherwell better" they'd be like "Nope they're shite" while being adamant Saints aren't shite. (Probably that alone demonstrates how little these people actually know about football I guess?). 

The reason Saints are where they are and won't finish any higher than around where they are now is because mediocrity is the level of ambition from the leadership. Davidson when asked if he was looking up the league after the Dundee United win said "no, he's still looking down" 🤷‍♂️ sucks the life out of his every way he can. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The lower leagues are only fun when youre winning. Its the only opportunity we'll ever have to be in a title race/celebrate winning a league.

The Gretna season remains probably my favourite of all time, despite the ending, and im fairly sure thats almost totally because its the only genuine title fight i can remember us having in my time going (my memory is we were nowhere near it next season then strolled it the season after). Thatll never be replicated without a relegation coming first. Chasing European spots/top 6 great in its own way, but it isnt the same.

If youre a middling/shit lower league side its just a worse version of being a shite top flight side. 

That Gretna season had some absolute scenes. The last minute winner in Perth v Them even had the police in the east stand celebrating. 

On 05/03/2023 at 07:53, Radford said:

I hate watching Saints under Callum Davidson. I hate the way we play. I hate his back three without anyone capable of stepping out. I hate the way he makes the goalkeeper play it short to players who can't play out. I hate the way he waits until game is dead to try and influence it. I hate his treatment of David Wotherspoon. I hate the fact nothing will be done about any of the above.

A charisma vacuum whose team is an embodiment of the man.

Scunnered.

Agree with all of this. Strange thing is they’re still getting a decent turnout and backing from us fans at games.

I said to my daughter on the way to Tynecastle that I’m looking forward to getting lunch before the game and the atmosphere there always is amongst us at Tynie but hadn’t really thought about the actual game. I think that says a lot about the way I’m feeling about it at the moment. 

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck

12 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Get CD so far to f**k. Sick and tired of crap during the week and the same turgid crap week in week out. 

If he's still in charge next season I won't be renewing my season ticket. It's become a chore going to watch this team which is so wrong. 

As for his treatment of Spoony, absolutely staggering he's still not been offered a deal or gets a game ahead of Carey. 

That's where I am too. Really regret buying my season ticket this year because it was taken as an endorsement of what was/is happening at the club. I'd rather not put my money towards Davidson's dads army team playing that god awful shape, playing for 0-0s on a tatty field. All of this whilst the club make questionable decisions such as the Rangers ticketing debacle. 

Can't for the life of me understand how anyone can still support Davidson and the way he wants to play football. It might be ok if it's winning football - we had a couple of turgid seasons under Wright but by and large we got results even if the quality was low - but this is just the worst of all worlds.

How long is left on Callum’s deal? Is it end of next season or the season after? 

For me, this season was just a rebuild and avoid the drop but I’ve been massively disappointed. We had a great chance to build after the winter break and push on, but it’s almost as if fear of competing and/or trying new things gets in the way. 

I’ll renew next season, getting back to going every fortnights been good for me. I missed that. But the football needs to improve, and only one thing can cause that to happen now I think.

5 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Seems like our best hope is for some team down south to be impressed enough by his CV to take a punt at him.

Although of the rumours are to be believed then he must interview poorly.

Clubs down south have been burned plenty by Scottish managers. I don’t think he’ll be keen on any of the league 2/bottom end league 1 sides that might be interested in him…

I don’t see Callum seeing out his contract with us, I have a feeling he’ll be away by the end of next season.

11 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Davidson in the paper complaining about referees today. 

On one hand, what he says is absolutely right, when you look at some of the bookings we have had. The stats do back him up in a sense.

On the other, we must have had a lot for dissent, which will skew those figures. And that stems from the manager.