Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I think my ongoing frustration with us this season is the fact that we clearly have decent footballers who can get the ball down and pass it around. Ok we don’t have much pace in the team and that potentially makes us easier to play against, but it’s not a stretch to say that we are (as we all know) being hamstrung by a defensive, tactically deficient and scared manager. Ok the squad is aging, but buts got ability in it. So yeah I’m done with Davidson as manager and the thought of another season of this is pretty roughy to say the least! 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

shit.

That would be a god awful signing. He’s shown himself to be out of his depth every time Dundee are in the top flight. 

At least he’s not 34. 

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

That would be a god awful signing. He’s shown himself to be out of his depth every time Dundee are in the top flight. 

At least he’s not 34. 

Who made Callum Booth look like Cafu the last time we played. 

He's absolutely the type of 5/10 sOliD PrOfeSsioNaL that Davidson loves. 

Who's his agent?

16 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I don’t think anybody comes out of that looking particularly great - manager, club, player. 

Yeah agree with this - nobody looks good here. I think Eetu comes across as a bit of a fanny who has thrown toys out if the pram tbh. 

Were the rumours of fisticuffs with one of the coaches ever confirmed…?

You can argue back and forwards about Vertainen and whos right and whos wrong, but thats now 2, young, players who've talked about being happy to be away from the club with one hinting and the other outright saying they were made to feel unwelcome by the manager. 

Thats my main takeaway

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can argue back and forwards about Vertainen and whos right and whos wrong, but thats now 2, young, players who've talked about being happy to be away from the club with one hinting and the other outright saying they were made to feel unwelcome by the manager. 

Thats my main takeaway

There are always two sides to every story but I'm damn sure if I'd spent over 100k on a player I'd be trying to give them the best chance to succeed. I'd treat them the way I'd expect to be treated, with respect and dignity and if they never gave that back I'd call them out on it. That way everyone knows their place and the standards expected, no exceptions.

Sounds like they're all c***s and not in the "he's a good c**t" way.

We’ll never know the full story, but I’m inclined to agree with the last few posts. There’s been a falling out and no one’s made up or extended an olive branch. 

That article from Eetu though, be fine to see if anything comes out from people in the club about it though.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

We’ll never know the full story, but I’m inclined to agree with the last few posts. There’s been a falling out and no one’s made up or extended an olive branch. 

That article from Eetu though, be fine to see if anything comes out from people in the club about it though.

Nothing comes out from people in the club about anything

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I imagine we are still paying a chunk of his wages and the maximum fine possible will be coming his way. 

7 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

I imagine we are still paying a chunk of his wages and the maximum fine possible will be coming his way. 

That did cross my mind actually.

10 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

I’d be amazed if anybody at the club has enough about them to even think like that.

Other side of that is do you really dock wages from somebody calling you out for being a pretty poor employer?

People talk and something like this could hamper us in future, so taking it even further could make that worse. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if the club say nothing and do nothing, as has become the way. 

Edited by PSJ.84

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

And the response in The Courier from Eric Nick is quite something 😂 

Even managed a wee dig at Grieve.

I still find it disappointing how our fanbase has treated him.

A 23yo who moved country to play for us and then get slaughtered in public by the one person hes meant to trust. Whats followed is fans of the club calling him shite without ever really seeing him play and even journalists belittling what hes currently doing.

The "0 goals in 8 games" line is poor from someone who uses "stats" weekly go defend Davidson. Anyone whos into that looks at minutes played as more important than games played, Vertainen played just 217 minutes with just 3 appearances over 30 minutes.

Did he deserve more? Maybe not. But you cant see he failed due to 0 goals in 8 games without giving full context.

20 minutes ago, Saint Huck said:

Vertainen's statement reads like it it was translated from Finnish by Google Translate or some such thing.  Who knows how accurate it is??

It was translated to English through Google Translate, the only written article about it is in Finnish.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A 23yo who moved country to play for us and then get slaughtered in public by the one person hes meant to trust. Whats followed is fans of the club calling him shite without ever really seeing him play and even journalists belittling what hes currently doing.

The "0 goals in 8 games" line is poor from someone who uses "stats" weekly go defend Davidson. Anyone whos into that looks at minutes played as more important than games played, Vertainen played just 217 minutes with just 3 appearances over 30 minutes.

Did he deserve more? Maybe not. But you cant see he failed due to 0 goals in 8 games without giving full context.

It was translated to English through Google Translate, the only written article about it is in Finnish.

Four of his eight appearances were against either Rangers or Celtic. Three were late cameos off the bench and one was the game at Ibrox where he was lambasted for giving the ball away on the half way line which led to a corner a few moments later, from which Rangers scored.

Three of his other appearances were against Hibs (in which we were a goal up until Bryson was sent off right on half time, Vertainen was hooked to bring on a midfielder, we lost 2-1 late on as we went completely backs to the wall) and against Aberdeen (both off the bench).

His only actual proper run out was away at Dundee where he got 70 minutes in a horror show of a 1-0 defeat where he didn't exactly cover himself in glory, though neither did anyone else.

Vertainen had zero faith shown in him. Compare that to guys like Carey who gets chance after chance. 

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said: