Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Seen big Eric N saying on Twitter he believed nothing was particularly imminent and that included new deals. 

On the signings front there hasn't been much happening since the middle of last week across the board based on the transfer thread in this section of the forum as well. 

10 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Seen big Eric N saying on Twitter he believed nothing was particularly imminent and that included new deals. 

On the signings front there hasn't been much happening since the middle of last week across the board based on the transfer thread in this section of the forum as well. 

Probably due to holidays. Hopefully not as many holidays as big Tommy used to take though 😉

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

McLennan being freed by the Dandies 😬

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Not gonna happen, he'll end up at Cove I reckon. 

Based on what we seen of him his career looks destined for the part time level in my not particularly valuable footballing opinion. 

Wasn't up to it at Premiership level nor did it look like he believed he was up to it either!

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

Talks progressing well with the Saudis I hear.

Camel burgers* and thobes are going to go down a storm at McD. Not sure where this leaves Bev though, maybe her partner will have to give permission for her to work?

*As in an actual camel made Into a burger you dirty b*****ds. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

We're playing East Fife away on Tuesday the 11th July. 

Sure last time we played them in a friendly we had to borrow them a few players (Liam Gordon and Greg Hurst?). Remember getting out the car and checking this site and seeing we'd signed MOH again, and being totally buzzing about that.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sure last time we played them in a friendly we had to borrow them a few players (Liam Gordon and Greg Hurst?). Remember getting out the car and checking this site and seeing we'd signed MOH again, and being totally buzzing about that.

I remember that day as well. 

I didn't bother going to the friendly and was in IKEA when we announced he'd signed 😂 there was rumours going about Twitter I think that he was there at the game. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I remember that day as well. 

I didn't bother going to the friendly and was in IKEA when we announced he'd signed 😂 there was rumours going about Twitter I think that he was there at the game. 

I can remember paying more attention to the warm up trying to identify players than ive ever done 😂

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can remember paying more attention to the warm up trying to identify players than ive ever done 😂

Was that the game where we had the big black boy up front who ran about like a headless chicken, missed a few sitters then went daft when he eventually scored?

39 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Was that the game where we had the big black boy up front who ran about like a headless chicken, missed a few sitters then went daft when he eventually scored?

I dont remember that at all 😂

Allowed to be a bit worried about the league cup again?

Timings feel a bit rushed in preparation. MacLean is away to the U21 Euros as part of his Pro License course and i think hes there for the full tournament (this isnt confirmed, it just says they have to attend the tournament).

U21 Euros runs: 21st June - 8 July

Assuming theyre there for the latter stages rather than group games?

MacLean out the country until 8th July.

Friendly on 12th July.

First cup game on 15th July.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Allowed to be a bit worried about the league cup again?

Timings feel a bit rushed in preparation. MacLean is away to the U21 Euros as part of his Pro License course and i think hes there for the full tournament (this isnt confirmed, it just says they have to attend the tournament).

U21 Euros runs: 21st June - 8 July

Assuming theyre there for the latter stages rather than group games?

MacLean out the country until 8th July.

Friendly on 12th July.

First cup game on 15th July.

Not really. Bucharest has phone signal so you’d imagine he’ll be doing what he can from there.