Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

22 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Lumping Duffy in with McKay is wild. Duffy is 10 times the player McKay is. Which wouldn’t be hard, granted.

Even John Robertson doesn’t rate Brad McKay.  It’s quite funny how much he spoke about targeting him prior to the Falkirk semi.  “Nice lad, hopeless player” were his exact words.

22 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Lumping Duffy in with McKay is wild. Duffy is 10 times the player McKay is. Which wouldn’t be hard, granted.

They are both very poor players

How Duff Wallace ended up in the Celtic youth system is beyond me.

6 hours ago, perthsaints99 said:

Ross County look to be landing Kyle Turner. I wonder if we’re being priced out of some of the signings we’ve seen recently or we just haven’t been in for them.

The rumour is that County blew us and United out the water for Turner although in saying that, as good as he is, he's not the type of midfielder we are currently lacking so don't know if we were truly in for him.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The rumour is that County blew us and United out the water for Turner although in saying that, as good as he is, he's not the type of midfielder we are currently lacking so don't know if we were truly in for him.

That couldn’t be the same chairman that told other teams in the league to stop spending outwith their means, could it?

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

Also rumours up this way they are binning Malky for Callum Davidson but I can't see that happening. Callum has been spotted playing golf with McGregor.

Maybe Roy is just paying for lessons.

Just now, The Saintee said:

Craig Hinchcliffe is the new Head of Goalkeeping.

Guess we'll be signing a keeper as he's too old to play as backup.

United fans on their thread are absolutely delighted hes gone, fwiw.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

United fans on their thread are absolutely delighted hes gone, fwiw.

In fairness he was with us while Robinson was at the club and our goalkeepers were fine.

None of Carson, Gillespie or Kelly got any worse with Hinchliffe as a coach. Having to sign Chapman and Archer was forced on us by injury so that wasn't really on him.

Like, I get why United fans dislike him given the nick of their goalkeepers on his watch but I wonder if their approach to recruitment was different to ours.

31 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Also rumours up this way they are binning Malky for Callum Davidson but I can't see that happening. Callum has been spotted playing golf with McGregor.

Can you imagine the size of squad callums going to have up there? 

50 bodies at least. 

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In fairness he was with us while Robinson was at the club and our goalkeepers were fine.

None of Carson, Gillespie or Kelly got any worse with Hinchliffe as a coach. Having to sign Chapman and Archer was forced on us by injury so that wasn't really on him.

Like, I get why United fans dislike him given the nick of their goalkeepers on his watch but I wonder if their approach to recruitment was different to ours.

Goalkeeping coach seems a weird role tbf, as there never seems to be any rated highly.

Mathers for us used to get slated and sure hes now a big part of goalkeeping at the SFA.

40 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I’m convinced Malky will be a DoF sooner rather than later.  Whether that’s with us or with some other poor sods, I don’t know.  Davidson would be an odd choice, but I can’t keep just saying “don’t want that one” to every manager appointed since Adams.  

44 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

It was the rumour the week after the season ended but Malky apparently applied for the Queens Park job and didn't get it so I think he'll be seeing out his 3 year contract now.

Edited by staggy4life

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

The bold Brad will have a bit of a place in my heart for his reaction when he scored against the Jambos. 

Boys got a European goal for us as well, not many have them!