Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

@RandomGuy. That back 4 looks horrific. Does Considine have it in him to be in a back 4? Thought he may get away with a 3 but never as part of a 2. Also those full backs 🙈 I know you are clearing the decks and have been fucked by Davidson's signings but that defence looks like it needs at least 2 additions 

35 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

@RandomGuy.tagging you rather than quoting your post cause it's long and it's a nightmare deleting stuff when posting on the phone. 

I think he'd be absolutely mad NOT to go with the shape you suggested.

If we're starting with one up front, I'd go with Jephcott. May's been honking and even on his best form can't play that role.

At last, as I understand it, Jephcott has.

Saying that he looks miles of fitness. And he wasn't kidding when he said in the press he wasn't quick.

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

If we're starting with one up front, I'd go with Jephcott. May's been honking and even on his best form can't play that role.

At last, as I understand it, Jephcott has.

Saying that he looks miles of fitness. And he wasn't kidding when he said in the press he wasn't quick.

You can see how he has rocked up here right enough (Jephcott).

7 minutes ago, Stan Bo said:

@RandomGuy. That back 4 looks horrific. Does Considine have it in him to be in a back 4? Thought he may get away with a 3 but never as part of a 2. Also those full backs 🙈 I know you are clearing the decks and have been fucked by Davidson's signings but that defence looks like it needs at least 2 additions 

Considine seemed to struggle in the back 4 at the end of last season, so theres huge question marks over that.

We've a new CB signed apparently, Sam McLelland who played for Barrow last season, but who knows how he'll be. Can't see us managing to get another CB in on top of that tbh, so have to just pray McLelland is up to it and Gordon gets his head out his arse.

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

He filmed himself, smoking a roll up, in st Mirren pyjamas playing football manager with an ear mic to narrate it. He was then banned later on here for being a holocaust denier. He is the poster previously known as wisbit. He can deny it, but most know it to be true. 

Bit late but f**k me. This is funny. 

16 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And that's without the bit where his mum comes into the room after a shouting conversation from downstairs.

Or even the bit where it wasn't real players he was using in the game. It was players made up with posters on this site.

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Or even the bit where it wasn't real players he was using in the game. It was players made up with posters on this site.

Crypto Nft GIF by MonkexNFT

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I was a cultured centre back who played for Manchester City. 

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Just looked up Steven MacLean on twitter. To see if there was comments from him on the radio etc. 

Just Celtic fans tweeting about him. Terms like Staunch *** being chucked about etc. He played for them but I'm not entirely sure he's some mad Orange man 🙃

They're still boiling he said he wanted them to get beefed by Leipzig.

In 2018.

Which they did.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think he'll just go 4-3-3 with McGowan in there in the hope it makes us more solid.

Thats assuming Brown isn't out though, as then McGowan has to go to right back.

Do have the fear that a lot of the softer personalities in our squad might spend a fair bit injured this season trying to hide.

So are you saying he should look to be solid first and then look to work towards the style of play he wants to play in future windows?

Not ever saw this result coming.

However I was surprised that St J appointed MacLean. I watched a post match interview last season and fell asleep after only a minute. Great player and obviously had a good send off for his last game 😩.

But honestly he reminded me of Maurice Malpish. Absolutely lacking in charisma and not the type of person I could see motivating players out of a difficult place. From a selfish POV I hope he stays on as long as possible.