Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, mizfit said:

The rumours been doing the round since pre-season started. I can’t see Macca commenting on it, but it’ll be telling what happens in January. 

Macca commented on it at the fans forum and said "he injured it out running during the break". Or along those lines anyway. 

I wonder if that's the cause he told the club as well. 

I get why he'd want to play football with his mates but it's not worth the risk. 

19 minutes ago, Center half said:

What if the club thought it was good idea to get his match fitness up and get him mentally ready to go from day 1 in pre season?

Then the club are arseholes as well then and can gtf too.

Edited by tree house tam

Just now, Center half said:

Yes agree! We are a complete cluster f**k !

It goes against every rule possible and probably fucks insurance as well. Playing against professionals in a controlled environment is light years away from playing against wee mad Davie from the pub.

Theres zero chance a professional top flight football club is encouraging players to play 5s with their mates from the pub, particularly one whos missed about 18 months of football.

10 minutes ago, Broughty said:

We must really be struggling for numbers, is one of them a goalkeeper?

I guess if it was an proper youth fixture they could include some under 15's etc on the bench but as it's against a full man's side that's potentially unsafe so having to go with what they've got. 

Probably explains why Liam Craig played in the Jamie Reid testimonial as well. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

CB who can play RB, but doesnt seem to have ever played a senior game.

I’m going to be honest, it screams cheap punt with shades of Wallace Duffy; however we need all the cover we can get right now. He must have something about him to have been at 2 Premiership teams I guess.