Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

There's no doubt Maclean isn't  great or comfortable speaking in front of the cameras. Looking uncomfortable but saying the right things is a big step up from grunting, pulling your ears and laughing nervously when there's no hilarity involved though.

As long as we stay up this season and the deadwood is a step closer to being punted it will be progress.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k me, if that doesn't scream alarm bells to St Johnstone fans that he's well out of his depth, I dunno what will. Just seems completely defeated already and unconvincing when he tries to spearhead a positive message. 

I think he's quite quietly spoken but i'm certain he is a fucking nutter and i bet he's different with the team. 

Sounds like Olufunwa has been signed as a RB option, which is better than CB IMO based on what ive seen.

Edited by RandomGuy.

The manager touched on it earlier this week but the outside view is certainly that we are doomed this season and, within our own ranks, there are a lot who are resigned to a miserable campaign.

Clearly on everything we've seen so far I wouldn't back us to have a good season but I'm going to try and reserve judgement until the window shuts.

Expectations can lead to pressure and disappointment and we certainly don't have those to deal with.

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Haven't paid too much attention during the summer break, but expectations are high. Think we'll win fairly comfortably.

This is the line-up I'd go for:

Matthews

Wright, Mitchell, Considine, Montgomery

O'Halloran, Hallberg, Wotherspoon

Clark, Kane, Murphy

No MOH? 😮

7 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

More good news 

Been coming for a while. 

Would that kind of conviction, if found guilty and ending up with a criminal record impact his job? Would he still be deemed fit to be a director of a company? 

Not sure what the rules are etc but imagine there are plenty rules on the subject!

4 minutes ago, PerthSaints said:

I thought Roddy was the innocent party in all this and the blame lay with a local thug?

I'd go speak to someone you know that knows the "rumours" about it 🫦🪥😬👈 if interested in knowing more of course. 

I'm of course not going to post and spread those rumours on the internet. Especially as I did not witness it myself.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

26 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Was it ever mentioned that only the Old Firm would get the Ormond Stand? Can’t say it’s something I remember hearing, although I did miss the most recent open meeting/fans forum/whatever. 

Not that I'm aware of. 

The financial aspects mentioned at recent fans forum meetings probably confirms any away fans who sell enough will get it though. ££££.

That's just an assumption I've made though. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

25 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not that I'm aware of. 

The financial aspects mentioned at recent fans forum meetings probably confirms any away fans who sell enough will get it though. ££££.

That's just an assumption I've made though. 

Didn’t think it would’ve been - giving the away team behind both goals is slightly different to moving the bulk of your STH and giving them three. Saw somebody moaning about it on Twitter(?) and assumed some wires got crossed.