Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, double deluxe said:

Brown MacPherson and Kane all took part in a bit of training today along with Robinson JTC and Sven

Kane fit would be a massive plus. Desperate for different option.  

Praying Wright isn't out for long as well.

Edited by nelsjfc

We really are assembling a team of regens aren't we? Might as well do this on Saturday

Dave Richards

Dare Olufunwa .. Sam McClelland .. Liam Gordon .. Luke Robinson

Sven Sprangler

Matt Smith .. Jay Turner-Cooke

Taylor Steven ... Luke Jephcott .. Dara Costelloe      

Just now, Zamora Fan said:

We really are assembling a team of regens aren't we? Might as well do this on Saturday

Dave Richards

Dare Olufunwa .. Sam McClelland .. Liam Gordon .. Luke Robinson

Sven Sprangler

Matt Smith .. Jay Turner-Cooke

Taylor Steven ... Luke Jephcott .. Dara Costelloe      

Fair play to anyone expecting any kind of serious (POSITIVE) contribution this season from more than about two or three of those.

Unfortunately think our fate this year will be determined by whether the players who were already here and underperforming can step up and stay injury free. Big seasons needed from Brown, MacPherson and Graham Carey in particular.

Signing young guys on loan or recently released youngsters is always a big risk and always has the potential to pay off in that they will have no fear and get a bit of confidence and they could be flying. Equally a few heavy loses and heads go down easier than senior pros. Given the inexperience, you would you naturally rely on the senior guys stepping up.and guiding them through, but unfortunately very few of the senior players are the right kind of characters to do that. On paper they should be, May (just), Considine and McGowan have all been capped internationally and Gordon is the club captain. Yet, I don't see any of them being that mentor type.

I'm sure it is still the plan, but we still need 2-3 more senior players of quality for this reason, but also to allow for the younger guys to be rotated in and out of the team a bit more. 

Robinson sounds similar to Montgomery in the respects he’s not played a lot of football, but has been rated at youth levels. I suspect he might turn out to be a decent signing actually and the Wigan fans seem to think he’s a decent player who’s unlucky he got injured. Time will tell, but I’d say he’s a better standard than Costelloe and probably needed as it appears Booth is broken for good. 

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I'll be really sorry if that's the end for Booth as I've always liked him.

And there's no way we get that goal in the cup final with that shitebag Tanser playing instead. 

Was brilliant in the semi final too. 

Aye I get the sentiment, but he’s not played a competitive match in almost 2 whole seasons for us whilst picking up a wage that could have been spent elsewhere. It’s time for him to go as he’s not reliable in the slightest and I acknowledge that’ll be the end of the season, but he should never have gotten an extension when he did. 

6 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Where is that big striker?

Also where is the big quality player that we were promised?

Aberdeen today make three signings including Jamie McGrath.

We are getting left behind.

Why are you comparing our signings to Aberdeen?

7 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Where is that big striker?

Also where is the big quality player that we were promised?

Aberdeen today make three signings including Jamie McGrath.

We are getting left behind.

Big as in tall?

I got the impression the manager was very much not interested in a target man when asked about one at the fans meeting. 

Aberdeen are paying guys 5x if not more than we are also having brought in multi millions in fees over the last few seasons. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

11 minutes ago, Center half said:

The Quote in todays press by Macca about Dara Costello! "He can certainly run, He's up there with the fastest players we have got"

Why dis this not fill me with confidence?  As fast as Steve May? 

Know who was consistently touted as being the fastest guy in the team?

Theo Bair, that's who.