Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Don’t know if these are good/worthwhile stats or not but quite wild how far ahead of the rest of the league Mitov is. He’s my main source of hope at the minute, keeps us relatively competitive single-handedly.

Theyre the best you can get for keeper figures tbh, but i do worry it helps show that Mitov will regress back towards the "average" over the next few months. We've relied quite heavily on him so far.

6 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Getting the impression that Courier article is a hint that Franczak is going to start on Saturday... 

Dont know what to think about that tbh, other than im not convinced a game against Livingston when youre struggling for form is the time or place to give a 16yo his first real game.

He looks good but im unconvinced hes looked good enough to justify that. We've already seen this season how different competitive top flight games are to friendlies/training games. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont know what to think about that tbh, other than im not convinced a game against Livingston when youre struggling for form is the time or place to give a 16yo his first real game.

He looks good but im unconvinced hes looked good enough to justify that. We've already seen this season how different competitive top flight games are to friendlies/training games. 

I’ve always been a believer of the if you’re good enough your old enough mantra. But this seems like a desperate play. 

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’ve always been a believer of the if you’re good enough your old enough mantra. But this seems like a desperate play. 

I would agree to an extent; however it's worked for Motherwell this season, as the player is good enough and has embraced it. The difference being he's slotted into a stable side with a clear way of playing, whereas we're the polar opposite. 

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Just bear in mind the player he’d likely be replacing is Cammy McPherson.

As such I’m all for it.

f**k it. In for a penny. Stick his brother on the bench for Cammy too. 

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

I would agree to an extent; however it's worked for Motherwell this season, as the player is good enough and has embraced it. The difference being he's slotted into a stable side with a clear way of playing, whereas we're the polar opposite. 

Assuming you're talking about Miller?

I mean, you're right in a broad sense but it's probably worth mentioning that there's a bit more context in so much as we were giving him minutes off the bench last season (when he was 16). He made his debut against ICT in the LC, he came off the bench at Ibrox, Parkhead and Almondvale and started in the last game of the season against United.

Even this season, he got the LC games to give us a marker of where he was in terms of his levels - it's not really been a sink or swim situation of just chucking him in and seeing how he gets on.

37 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Assuming you're talking about Miller?

I mean, you're right in a broad sense but it's probably worth mentioning that there's a bit more context in so much as we were giving him minutes off the bench last season (when he was 16). He made his debut against ICT in the LC, he came off the bench at Ibrox, Parkhead and Almondvale and started in the last game of the season against United.

Even this season, he got the LC games to give us a marker of where he was in terms of his levels - it's not really been a sink or swim situation of just chucking him in and seeing how he gets on.

Imagine having a plan for integrating a talented youngster! That's not the St Johnstone way.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I wonder how much is tied to the club's recent commercial focus. Not only is the manager under pressure to cut the wage bill but perhaps also to get academy 'product' into the shop window for future sale.

On 26/09/2023 at 18:52, Valentino Bolognese said:

Fairly sure we've played Drey Wright as a striker at points too. Not that I'm saying we should.

Talking of wingers, where's this other new one disappeared to? Have we signed Jahmal Hector-Ingram again?

Think you may be getting mixed up with Matty Kennedy.  I certainly can't remember Wright playing as a striker.  Having said that I wouldn't be averse to it, at least Drey has pace.

8 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I wonder how much is tied to the club's recent commercial focus. Not only is the manager under pressure to cut the wage bill but perhaps also to get academy 'product' into the shop window for future sale.

Maybe it is because there is a Fans Forum Open Meeting on Monday night and Alistair Stevenson - Head of Football Academy is guest speaker!!

I don't think Wright played up front, technically. He was on the right wing but was allowed to push really high onto their LCB so ended up playing fairly central.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think Wright played up front, technically. He was on the right wing but was allowed to push really high onto their LCB so ended up playing fairly central.

14 hours ago, gingermunkie said:

He played as a striker last season against united post split.

In sumary:

Has he? Sort of

Could he? Possibly

Should he? Probably not

I hope I'm proven wrong but Franczak has done nothing other than not being Stevie May to justify his inclusion. He isn't ready. Especially for a game as important as today. Sure we have two senior proven strikers out, an overweight unfit haddy replacing a past it shite Stevie May is all we have to look forward to in games, but even with all that I still think it would be a shitebag move throwing him in from the start.

Any update on Jeyisimi?