Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We’re going to have to see a significant improvement in our away form to get points with that run of matches. So far this season, away from home our record is:-

pld 6   W 0    D 2  L 4  pts 2  GF 0 GA 9

Seems to have slipped under the radar a bit that we haven’t scored a league goal away from home all season!  Have to say I hadn’t noticed until I just checked our results.

Hard to make a real judgment on away form given the new manager came in with a run of home games and in recent years we've been shite at home, and last year majority of our points came from away fixtures too.

52 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Seems to have slipped under the radar a bit that we haven’t scored a league goal away from home all season!  Have to say I hadn’t noticed until I just checked our results.

The problem is that honking away strip. I'm hoping that we wear the horse charity strip tomorrow.

If we do we'll wiln by at least 3.

That's my theory anyway.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Don’t think Robinson’s bad at all in attack. He took his man on and played a perfect cross for the header Hart saved last week v Celtic, he set up a goal in the comeback v Dundee.  There are other moments, and I think any lack of attacking is more indicative of how we were playing than any major limitation on his part.

He’s got better the more he’s played, and happily shouts at players a lot older and more experienced. Easy to forget he’s just 19. 

I’ll be disappointed if he goes in January, as I think he’ll keep improving to be one of our best players, and would be a major asset in the second half of the season.

Robbo is 22 , 

9 hours ago, Costanza said:

Robinson is 22, he’s at the stage now where he should be playing regularly for someone. I’ve no idea if that’s Wigan but would be a huge blow to lose him, he’s really kicked on since first signing. 

7 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Robbo is 22 , 

22 it is. Thought he was younger, my mistake 

Id forgotten how frustrating it was to not get a result when youre confident you will, its been so long (league wise) for that to happen.

Possibly a good reminder that we've not actually achieved anything yet and all the effort so far has simply been about catching up.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id forgotten how frustrating it was to not get a result when youre confident you will, its been so long (league wise) for that to happen.

Possibly a good reminder that we've not actually achieved anything yet and all the effort so far has simply been about catching up.

Catching up is an achievement,coming from where we were, felt like a defeat today,subs were like for like,but Costelloe made a huge mistake not putting the ball down the line,to chase,then stopped looking for a foul,flicking scunnered 

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

I wouldn’t be disappointed to see Costelloe sent south in January let’s put it that way. 

Said it on WAP, but wouldnt be surprised if all the outfield loanees leave in January. 

There’s been a few posts about us sitting on 1-0 leads/dropping back/getting defensive towards the end of games. That is happening for sure - but I wonder how much of it is a function of a) the already identified fitness issues and b) the lack of quality in attacking areas, especially on the bench.

I agree with the idea of chucking Costelloe in January. Jephcott too if he’s not going to do anything. Do we extend Kane’s contract? I probably would - but if we were able to bring in some quality he’d probably be on the chopping block.

If we can get Clark and Wright back sharpish that will make an enormous difference in two obviously weak areas but we do desperately need to strengthen up top.

Also, if he was even vaguely willing, I’d bring Spoony back in a heartbeat.

Edited by Jamie_B

19 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

There’s been a few posts about us sitting on 1-0 leads/dropping back/getting defensive towards the end of games. That is happening for sure - but I wonder how much of it is a function of a) the already identified fitness issues and b) the lack of quality in attacking areas, especially on the bench.

I agree with the idea of chucking Costelloe in January. Jephcott too if he’s not going to do anything. Do we extend Kane’s contract? I probably would - but if we were able to bring in some quality he’d probably be on the chopping block.

If we can get Clark and Wright back sharpish that will make an enormous difference in two obviously weak areas but we do desperately need to strengthen up top.

Also, if he was even vaguely willing, I’d bring Spoony back in a heartbeat.

Wotherspoon isnt happening, and nor should it IMO.

We need pace and power wide and up front, imagine bringing that off the bench yesterday instead of May or Costelloe, and how differently we can then play the game. Costelloe is just a really poor footballer. 

Kane doesnt seem to fit Levein/Kirk-ball to the same degree he suited Davidson-ball, so id be tempted to let him go too, unless they somehow find a buyer for Jephcott. We cant run with the same batch of strikers after January as we have done so far IMO.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

….is now a good time to suggest Alan Forrest? 

I think 4 years ago was a better time, tbh.

Probably about the level of player we'd be looking at though. He'd get a lot more game time from us I expect.

If he could play for us like his brother has against us over the years, would be an outstanding option.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese