Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The player I’m talking about was given a one year contract, never started a match. And I believe the fee we paid would put him into or at least approaching the top ten most expensive players we’ve ever bought. The fact we paid a fee was also allegedy only down to an administrative error….

I was always a huge fan of (the imagined idea of) Eetu but according to transfermarkt he played 2% of possible minutes during his recent loan to the Greek second division. 

Are the rumours about Sandford? I'm sure I heard once they thought they'd bought him from IFk (and all the news articles still refer to this which is odd) but he actually came from Vasta in 4th tier? He's now on Sweden 3rd tier 

5 minutes ago, Gekko said:

Charlie Gilmour?

But he started a game at wing back didn't he?

Based on how a game of footy manager worked years ago if Norwich offered him a deal we'd have had to pay. Not sure if that's still the rules but probably not. Also very unlikely to be that (at least. On that. Basis) as you'd have thought if they did he'd have taken it. 

Edited by FrankChickens1

6 minutes ago, Gekko said:

I'm pretty sure Viv did though and Ingram was a trialist so I doubt a fee.

He definitely started away at Motherwell and at home to Celtic. Might be others but those two stick out, probably because he genuinely looked like he couldn’t give a f**k. Did set up Kane’s goal against Celtic though. 

9 minutes ago, Gekko said:

Viv Solomon Otobor?

Played 7 times for us, apparently.

Can only be Jahmal Hector-Ingram really? It surely wont be one of the masses of youth/reserves signed up who never played like Sandford or Dailly, and theres nobody else i can think of who has "profile" who never played.

But he was a free agent wasnt he? Had spent half a season without a club.

14 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

I'm sure I heard once they thought they'd bought him from IFk (and all the news articles still refer to this which is odd) but he actually came from Vasta in 4th tier? He's now on Sweden 3rd tier 

Its true. They said he'd signed from the top tier and he'd never played above the 4th. IFK had released him the previous summer and he'd dropped to that level, is my memory of looking into it.

I refuse to believe it can be him as it would take a staggering amount of incompetence to not know where he'd previously played, but it fits the best.

Edited by RandomGuy.

22 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

What about Mahon?  I expect him and Cleary were on decent money to come over.

Eetu might have been a contender although I’m pretty sure he started at ibrox.

Dont think any of them were 1yr deals?

They all played a game too, obviously.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I thought Mahon and Bair were the only two of the utter dross we paid 6 figures for, although both of them started a handful of games.

Mahon definitely played the second leg of the play off, when he was decent, and away against QoS in the league Cup, when he was utterly shite. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

I thought Mahon and Bair were the only two of the utter dross we paid 6 figures for, although both of them started a handful of games.

Transfermarkt says Bair played 38 games for us...

Jamal Hector Ingram had been a free agent for about six months when he signed for us.

I’d completely forgotten about both Sandiford and Solomon Otobar.

Also the alleged player was released at the end of last season. Had to google the news story to double check his first name…

Edited by gingermunkie
Grammar

2 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Jamal Hector Ingram had been a free agent for about six months when he signed for us.

Id completely forgotten about both both Sandiford and Solomon Otobar.

Also the alleged player was released at the end of last season. Had to google the news story to double check his first name…

Consider me stumped 😂

10 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Id completely forgotten about both both Sandiford and Solomon Otobar.

None that stand out on this list. Bair the only one we spent relatively big on in terms of a fee, plus all of them started games, I think? If it's not him, then I'm also stumped! 

Screenshot_20231227_182220_Samsung Internet.jpg