Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

48 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

Perhaps centre midfielders of Sprangler, Smith, Max, Ferguson, Franczak with both Carey and C.Smith can play there then imagine we wouldn’t be that fussed about adding another.

No. We can't be shoe horning Carey and Connor Smith into centre mid. Ferguson and Franczak are very young ( Franczak isn't a centre mid either). We absolutely do need a centre mid, probably two.

1 hour ago, DavidReid01 said:

Perhaps centre midfielders of Sprangler, Smith, Max, Ferguson, Franczak with both Carey and C.Smith can play there then imagine we wouldn’t be that fussed about adding another.

Yeah, as Marley says we shouldn't be trying to fit players into positions they aren't, Ferguson probably needs a loan at championship level and we should give Franczak time to play in his actual position instead of rwb.

It's so abundantly clear we need pace in the wide areas. If we can only sign one more then it just has to be a good attacking winger/wing back. 

So dreadful to watch today. 

Hard agree, and we’ve been in the same situation for at least three years. Robinson had an absolute stinker today but I wouldn’t say it was totally on him - how often was he left 2v1?

It’s an absolute chore to watch us nowadays and I hate this feeling of dread that we concede, as that more than likely stuffs us. 

Edited by PSJ.84

Wants another striker when we have 5 already and invariably only play 1 up front. If we only sign one I'll be pretty miffed if it's not a wide player. 

Just now, Kyle said:

Wants another striker when we have 5 already and invariably only play 1 up front. If we only sign one I'll be pretty miffed if it's not a wide player. 

That's what kind of confuses me. Do they plan on continuing with 1 up front if we get this mystical striker they want? Or will Kimpioka, DJ, Nicky and this new striker be when we go 2 up front?

And, if we do go 2 up front, why have we stuck with DJ up front on his own for so long? Wouldn't it be a better use of time to play 2 up front to help the squad learn their role?

16 minutes ago, Radford said:

A diamond midfield with defensive full backs. How easy must that be to play against?

It's painful to watch.

What are Levein and Kirk actually trying to do?

Think you’re giving them a wee bit more credit than they deserve calling that a diamond midfield. From where I was sitting it was 4 guys wondering where they should be playing and Motherwell playing around and through them

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Maybe 2 of the current strikers are getting punted this week....

Another striker is completely pointless as we create absolutely nothing. It's February next week and we've scored 7 goals from open play.

A signing to address that (creativity) would obviously be nice but there is also far more scope to utlilse some of those already in the squad differently IMO.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Maybe 2 of the current strikers are getting punted this week....

Surely to f**k we’re not punting either Kane or Clark. 

Surely to f**k not. 

4 minutes ago, Muirton Saint said:

Could he sound like he gives less of a f**k?

Already seems like he’d rather be anywhere other than managing Saints. If what I’m hearing is true he’s never at the stadium and pretty much leaves everything to Kirk. 

Honestly thought we’d hit a new low when Gordon was clearly hurt and they didn’t have anyone ready to come on but then Phillips gets hurt in second half and physio pretty much has to be persuaded to go on to tend to him. Whole club is a shambles from top to bottom.