Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Clark is our best finisher by far as well as being good in the air and a reliable penalty taker. He has to be starting.

So it's him along with either of Adama or Kimpioka with the other coming off the bench. 

It won't change the game plan much as we'll still be bypassing the midfield.

20 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Play the three of them and drop Max or one of the other nothing midfielders.

Now now be positive Thomas 

23 hours ago, Kyle said:

.Feel like the new media guys are trying to put out good interviews etc, probably the one aspect of the club that is moving forward right now, and they can only piss with the cock they've got, but an interview with marks that I don't really like as footballers and will be away in the summer is just of no interest to me. 

Not sure them going back to putting the interviews etc onto Saints TV subscription is going to help create any connection between players and fans.

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

42 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Now now be positive Thomas 

3 strikers is about as positive as it gets. I admit I slightly slipped with the midfield chat but I'm so, so reassured I have you there to keep me in check. Thanks pal.

Intae thum.

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

Certainly think he's earned the right to start the next game. 

Naturally, Kimpioka will start.

I believe that Sidibeh is the more exciting player, but Kimpioka is maybe more consistent.

I like the idea of starting Kimpioka, Clark and Sidibeh in a three. Either drop Gallacher and let Kimpioka run wide on the left, or drop one of  Smith or Kucheriavyi for the same. A 433/343?

5 hours ago, subtleapple said:

It’s machine scanners at the away end of Easter Road isn’t it? Not manned turnstiles?

Asking for a friend 

That’s correct. 

u12 tickets all round. 

8 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

Naturally, Kimpioka will start.

I believe that Sidibeh is the more exciting player, but Kimpioka is maybe more consistent.

I like the idea of starting Kimpioka, Clark and Sidibeh in a three. Either drop Gallacher and let Kimpioka run wide on the left, or drop one of  Smith or Kucheriavyi for the same. A 433/343?

That was something I thought too. Stick Kimpioka switch from left to right during game. I like the idea of Carey in one side and Kimpioka on the other. Bit of an imbalance in terms of pace vs technical, but you can interchange every so often to mix it up.

However, that's too offensive for Levein, so 100% he will play Clark and one of the two and then straight like for like subs.

Levein will probably be looking at County's fixtures and think Saturday is the only one they are potentially going to pick anything up from and so a point vs Hibs, might be enough to keep us ahead of them pre split.

Equally, if we (not going to happen) did win both pre split games and County lost both, then a 7 point gap would possibly be one more win away from being totally safe....

Don’t think we need to change too much in terms of our attack from Saturday. It felt like the most decent chances we’ve created in a while.

We needed the points, but really poor mistakes for the two Dundee goals cost us, other than that it was a decent performance by this season’s standards. It doesn’t need to be ripped up and completely changed. Though it probably will be. 

I’d take out Gallacher and start Carey, and stick with the same front two. I’m not a fan of Kucheriavyi generally, but I think he did okay against Dundee, one of his better games, so can’t complain when he starts this week. Levein has to earn that commission on him sometime and it’s not going to happen by leaving him on the bench.

17 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Don’t think we need to change too much in terms of our attack from Saturday. It felt like the most decent chances we’ve created in a while.

I'm still 99% sure that was down to Dundee sitting on their lead more than us breaking them down.

Clarks chance in the first half aside, I can't even remember us having a shot in the box until Sidibehs overhead kick?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm still 99% sure that was down to Dundee sitting on their lead more than us breaking them down.

Clarks chance in the first half aside, I can't even remember us having a shot in the box until Sidibehs overhead kick?

Dundee obviously tried to sit deeper and counter, but we negated that tactic and they created very little up until we let them waltz through for the winner.  Their midfield is better than ours, but on Saturday I felt ours got the better of it.

Gallacher should have done better with his attempted lob over the keeper in the first half and kjetlens had a good strike, yes outside the box, well saved.

I’m not going to sit and argue it was a perfect performance, but it was definitely an improvement, with positives and things to build on.  Could be wrong, but it’s felt that after every win or good performance Levein has completely changed things around when it didn’t feel necessary. I think he tries to overthink things and be too clever at times. 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m not going to sit and argue it was a perfect performance, but it was definitely an improvement, with positives and things to build on. 

The fact we created some decent chances against a team sitting back like Dundee were was pretty good. 

I agree with Carey over Gallagher, some creativity from midfield to make up for the other three.

Understand what you mean with Levein overthinking after a positive result, hopefully he doesn't change too much. Desperately need to cut out these little defensive mistakes that result in us conceding.

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

Levein talking about MacPherson getting a good pre-season.

Done.

Tbf it's not worded great but I think (hope?) he was just talking in general rather than saying it would be with us.