Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Yeah, he’s lost the dressing room. 

Callum got sacked for less. Maclean got sacked for less. This is pathetic. Take the hit and sack him today. 

Cleland and Griffin in for the playoffs. Reset in the summer. 

Totally sick of Levein, must be sacked tonight and his sidekick, send them back to Brechin.

How we managed to lose that is a disgrace as in the first 20 minutes if we had decent strikers it could have been 4-0 and game won but we let them back in and it was just a matter of time before we lost a goal.

Nicky Clark's miss in stoppage time cost us the game cause they just went up the field and scored the winner.

Players tried but with the heat subs should have been on earlier. Andy Considine at about the hour to help keep our lead for one.

Why are saturdays so miserable? 

7 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Totally sick of Levein, must be sacked tonight and his sidekick, send them back to Brechin.

How we managed to lose that is a disgrace as in the first 20 minutes if we had decent strikers it could have been 4-0 and game won but we let them back in and it was just a matter of time before we lost a goal.

Nicky Clark's miss in stoppage time cost us the game cause they just went up the field and scored the winner.

Players tried but with the heat subs should have been on earlier. Andy Considine at about the hour to help keep our lead for one.

Why are saturdays so miserable? 

If the answer to the problem is old man Considine then it's a hugely sad position to be in. But we all know that.

No chance this squad and management team are winning a two legged tie 3 days apart when we’ve seen so often how most of the starting 11 don’t seem to have the legs to get beyond 65/70 minutes. 

On that note did anyone hear Michael Stewart commenting on Levein training methods, he only covered it briefly after 5pm as he talked about it earlier in the show. The bit I heard was that he said that Levein doesn’t know the difference between tiredness/fatigue and lacking fitness and treates players like they are robots. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

55 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

No chance this squad and management team are winning a two legged tie 3 days apart when we’ve seen so often how most of the starting 11 don’t seem to have the legs to get beyond 65/70 minutes. 

On that note did anyone hear Michael Stewart commenting on Levein training methods, he only covered it briefly after 5pm as he talked about it earlier in the show. The bit I heard was that he said that Levein doesn’t know the difference between tiredness/fatigue and lacking fitness and treates players like they are robots. 

He basically said that in his experience Levein can’t tell the difference between being unfit and being tired. So runs already tired players into the ground through box to box shuttles in training because he’s mistaking it for them being unfit.

Not the first time it’s been mentioned about Levein’s training setup being utter shite.

1 hour ago, derektaylor84 said:

No surprise there, Levein is an android. IMO.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, derektaylor84 said:

1 hour ago, A12 said:

He basically said that in his experience Levein can’t tell the difference between being unfit and being tired. So runs already tired players into the ground through box to box shuttles in training because he’s mistaking it for them being unfit.

Not the first time it’s been mentioned about Levein’s training setup being utter shite.

It might be true, but its hard to take it at face value when its coming from Stewart, tbh.

I speak for Scottish football when I say I hope St Johnstone finally get relegated. Scottish football has been dogged by tinpot teams in the top flight for too long that is now finally correcting itself. St Johnstone have spent way too long in the top division for a club of its stature. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It might be true, but its hard to take it at face value when its coming from Stewart, tbh.

I almost posted exactly this. Such a clear personal grudge that can’t take anything he says about Levein seriously.

9 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Who'd a thought it. The first 4 posts it offered me as "Unread replies" were also from Dundonian window lickers. Who could have guessed....

action bronson kiss GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

There are precisely 3 St Johnstone fans I truly enjoy having meltdowns. You are one. This is beautiful.

Been happy that relegation would get us away from St Mirren and Dundee fans. Just sunk in that it also means we'll have to deal with Dunfermline and Falkirk fans and their "we have 300 more fans so are a far bigger club" chat.

giphy(4).gif.a1708b2510745712a4869954be6fe4e5.gif

9 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

I speak for Scottish football when I say I hope St Johnstone finally get relegated. Scottish football has been dogged by tinpot teams in the top flight for too long that is now finally correcting itself. St Johnstone have spent way too long in the top division for a club of its stature. 

Such a big club that it took 5 attempts to exit the seaside leagues? 

On 07/05/2024 at 21:07, supersaint44 said:

Another goal for Taylor Steven. Amazing season on loan for the young man. Saints had better get him tied up in a contract soon. Will be raging if/when he leaves on a free in the summer.

He was brilliant for us in the end. Quiet enough initially and it was really after Andy Graham took over that he kicked on (like the whole team really). On the right in a 4 2 3 1 and so dangerous cutting onto his left foot. Constant threat. With Bobby Wales and Ethan Sutherland he was one of three young loans who progressed so much as their loans went on. They all looked gutted yesterday after putting in a massive effort in tough circumstances with Alloa down to 10 in the first half. Taylor rattled a free kick off the post late on which would have made it 3-3.

Thanks for sending him our way and wish him all the best. In the worst case scenario and you go down I'd say he's good to go already for the Championship. Premier maybe with the right role and handling. 

I've felt a lot of apathy recently but the team went a way to eroding that with their performance yesterday. They came out with a purpose and, as a fan, you can feed off that.

It was high stakes so the defeat stings but I can't question the performance and it's almost snapped me out of this malaise with regard to the ambivalence towards relegation.

We've worked so hard to make it 15 years in the top division and shouldn't just accept it coming to an end.

8 minutes ago, Waspie said:

He was brilliant for us in the end. Quiet enough initially and it was really after Andy Graham took over that he kicked on (like the whole team really). On the right in a 4 2 3 1 and so dangerous cutting onto his left foot. Constant threat. With Bobby Wales and Ethan Sutherland he was one of three young loans who progressed so much as their loans went on. They all looked gutted yesterday after putting in a massive effort in tough circumstances with Alloa down to 10 in the first half. Taylor rattled a free kick off the post late on which would have made it 3-3.

Thanks for sending him our way and wish him all the best. In the worst case scenario and you go down I'd say he's good to go already for the Championship. Premier maybe with the right role and handling. 

Unfortunately, his agent is not Wullie McKay, and he’s not Hearts Alumni, so he won’t get a fair crack if Leveins here I fear. 

Relegation would be really painful, especially with the reasons why it will have happened but if staying up means Craig Levein overseeing next summer and starting the season as manager then we’d be as well getting it out of the way in the next 4 games. 

It would be nice to look forward to going to the football again with some hope that you might see some good attacking play or even a solid team that knows how to get results. 

They are both young managers still learning so might not be perfect but having watched the play off on Friday night, I’d far rather be starting next season with a Rhys McCabe or Kris Doolan type in charge in the Championship than Craig Levein in the Premier league. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Been happy that relegation would get us away from St Mirren and Dundee fans. Just sunk in that it also means we'll have to deal with Dunfermline and Falkirk fans and their "we have 300 more fans so are a far bigger club" chat.

Let’s be accurate, it’s a lot more than 300 fans extra Dunfermline and Falkirk have. 

keep the crowdwanking jibs coming 😊