Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Whilst it could be argued, and has been argued that Bair would never have hit any form for us, all it's done for me is indicate just what a shit state we were/are in. The management unable to recognise his skillset and coach/adapt the team to try get the best out of him. That coupled with a group of players probably not capable of understanding/producing that anyways :(

f**k!!! We're just shite. 

:rolleyes:

On 12/05/2024 at 13:49, shibbydoo said:

Well done for finally dragging yourself out of the 3rd division 😂

We didn’t drag ourselves out it was a massive long pent up ejaculation!

On 13/05/2024 at 10:37, Ludo*1 said:

In his limited time on the pitch against us for you lot, I thought Bair was a player. I don't think anyone - even he could have predicted what a success he'd be at Motherwell but I did think he'd bring more to a team than say Stevie May has done for the past 6-7 year! 

ETA: Turns out I'm blethering, he never got off the bench against us. Dunno what game it was I watched him in then - must have been a televised one.

Do you attend all of the St Johnstone games behind closed doors by any chance?

34 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

I'd have preferred Raith an hour ago, not sure now.

Lot of saints connections in that Raith squad. 3 sons of formers saints players. A few ex saints, Rudden, Brown, Watson and Easton. Smiths brother and not to mention James Brown (who you'd assume wouldn't be able to play).

They look a decent side and if it is us or County against them (it will be us), you couldn't call it right now.

My worry is the tempo both sides play at. It leaves gaps everywhere which could benefit us, but the start v Livingston aside we've been fairly pedestrian looking in comparison.

Even if we lose tomorrow, I'll gain confidence if we're doing things quickly/aggressively.

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Lot of saints connections in that Raith squad. 3 sons of formers saints players. A few ex saints, Rudden, Brown, Watson and Easton. Smiths brother and not to mention James Brown (who you'd assume wouldn't be able to play).

They look a decent side and if it is us or County against them (it will be us), you couldn't call it right now.

Kyle Turner.. who are the other two sons?

9 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Dylan Easton will take our shitebag defence apart on his own 🤣

Levein couldn't beat Airdrie FFS.

Ironically based on watching the games, Airdrie are the team I’m glad are out. 😂 Would prefer the other two over them for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

Ironically based on watching the games, Airdrie are the team I’m glad are out. 😂 Would prefer the other two over them for sure. 

Airdrie play the best football IMO, but can't score enough. I wouldn't have liked playing them but they aren't quite as good as the hype IMO.

Raith have the most dangerous attack, despite Partick having Graham. Lewis Vaughan remains the best attacker in that division. I do wonder if Raith are pretty fragile though, and if you get momentum against them they crumble a bit. Think that's now 3 games this season I've seen them collapse from looking comfortable.

53 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

On the plus side… at least we haven’t hired that horrible bigot Malky Mackay as Sporting Director! 

3 points the night… oh what a time to be a Saintee.

Shaun Rooney signed for St Mirren. I take this back.