Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I don't think Murray says anything too ridculous in that. The journo however...

''Murray was speaking as Livingston look certainties to go down from the Scottish Premiership and replaced by big guns Dundee United, while fellow clubs with similarly low fanbases to Livi - Ross County and St Johnstone – vie to avoid ending second bottom and facing strong former top flight outfits Raith, Partick Thistle or Airdrieonians in the play-offs.''

Lol

41 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

f**k me.

Bigger teams like Raith, Patrick and Airdrie.

The man’s verging on lunacy.

Airdrie and Raith Rovers are Championship/League One yo yo clubs who struggle to break a 2,000 average attendance in a typical season. File them alongside Ayr United, Morton, QotS etc. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We won't get £1m for Mitov. There's a spate of decent keepers available for nothing every summer so they won't hit 7 figures for a 27yo from St Johnstone.

I think there's a real chance its worth our while keeping him another 12 months and letting him go for nothing, rather than taking ~£400k this Summer and adding a quality keeper to the needed list.

I'd agree, but it might be entirely dependent on what is in his contract.  Probably a release clause for 50k🙄

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

I'd agree, but it might be entirely dependent on what is in his contract.  Probably a release clause for 50k🙄

Super Steve will have added a clause that we get an additional £1 million when Mitov earns his 300th cap for Bulgaria. 

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Stevie May in 13-14 shades it over Mitov. A solid league finish and a cup win off the back of his goals.

I suppose also the significance of That Goal Against Aberdeen, too, which was an absolute belter. There's certainly a strong case to be made!

Noticed Halliday was left out by Motherwell on Sunday. My immediate thought was... He could have been left out because it was an obvious conflict to be playing against a team he just signed for. 

He was playing on Wednesday so he couldn't have been at McDiarmid at the same time so it likely isn't him. Yet. 

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Noticed Halliday was left out by Motherwell on Sunday. My immediate thought was... He could have been left out because it was an obvious conflict to be playing against a team he just signed for. 

He was playing on Wednesday so he couldn't have been at McDiarmid at the same time so it likely isn't him. Yet. 

He apparently signed a PCA with Motherwell before he joined them on loan.

44 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I don't think Murray says anything too ridculous in that. The journo however...

''Murray was speaking as Livingston look certainties to go down from the Scottish Premiership and replaced by big guns Dundee United, while fellow clubs with similarly low fanbases to Livi - Ross County and St Johnstone – vie to avoid ending second bottom and facing strong former top flight outfits Raith, Partick Thistle or Airdrieonians in the play-offs.''

Lol

This incarnation of Airdrie have never been in the top flight, unless you throw in the Clydebank era. Raith are what  27 years out of it?  Murray is 43, more or less all of his adult life has had both these teams no where near the top flight and more bouncing between 2nd and 3rd tiers. 

I love the video on Saints’ instagram page from fir park where the players are all waiting around on the final whistle from Dingwall.

Theres a roar then an outpouring of emotion from all the players. All the shite they have to read about themselves all season not caring or whatever then you see that relief.

There’s no doubt it’s been a shite season, and we need a clear out and freshness in the squad, but I’m still glad they got to finish on a positive note with a bit of a cheer from the support. 

Craig Levein giving Max a cuddy back was a wee bit surreal though..

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

f**k me.

Bigger teams like Raith, Patrick and Airdrie.

The man’s verging on lunacy.

He's all very well talking them up as big teams when they're near the top of their respective leagues and winning.  How are their 'fan bases' during a regular mediocre season.

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I love the video on Saints’ instagram page from fir park where the players are all waiting around on the final whistle from Dingwall.

Theres a roar then an outpouring of emotion from all the players. All the shite they have to read about themselves all season not caring or whatever then you see that relief.

There’s no doubt it’s been a shite season, and we need a clear out and freshness in the squad, but I’m still glad they got to finish on a positive note with a bit of a cheer from the support. 

Craig Levein giving Max a cuddy back was a wee bit surreal though..

Don’t let the celebration police see this. 

As some alternatives but not as good as those already mentioned:

Andy Jackson 07/08 (very definition of one season contribution), Steven Milne - 08/09, Liam Craig/Murray Davidson - 12/13 

I want to enjoy going to the football on a Saturday, hasn't been the case for a number of seasons. I don't necessarily want free flowing football, but commitment and some fight and a willingness to try and win games of football!