·       Callum Booth

·       James Brown

·       Andy Considine

·       Ali Crawford

·       Tony Gallacher

·       Chris Kane

·       Jack Wills

#ListUnleashed

That list isn’t as large as I’d like, but would guess others who we have offered deals too are likely to reject them potentially.

Would imagine we’ve offered lesser deals to McGowan, Carey, and MacPherson.

Gordon will have been offered similar terms but will likely be away I think.

Posted (edited)

Goalkeepers 

Dimitar Mitov - 2025

Ross Sinclair - 2026

Defenders/wing backs

Olusadare Olufunwa - 2025

David Keltjens - 2025

Sam McClelland - 2025

Ryan McGowan - 2024 

Liam Gordon - 2024

Liam Parker - 2024 

Midfielders/wingers

Drey Wright - 2024

Fran Franczak - ??

Sven Sprangler - 2024

Connor Smith - 2025

Max Kucheriavyi - 2025

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2025

Matt Smith - 2025

Alex Ferguson - 2025

Graham Carey - 2024

Attackers

Stevie May - 2025

Nicky Clark - 2025

Benjamin Kimpioka - 2025

Adama Sidibeh - 2026

Uche Ikpeazu - 2026

Taylor Steven - 2024

Released/left the club

Jack Wills

James Brown

Andy Considine 

Callum Booth (Spartans)

Tony Gallagher

Ali Crawford

Cammy Ballantyne 

Chris Kane (Dunfermline Athletic)

Loans ended 

Dave Richards

Kerr Smith

Luke Robinson

Diallang Jaiyesimi

12 gone with Phillips definitely to follow, so 13 in total. 

It's pretty clear we need at least 4 defenders, at least one wide player and probably at least one in the middle of the park too. 

Suspect we'll end up with 14 or 15 out all told, maybe 10 in once the dust has settled. Hopefully Levein will have at least the same budget to work with (maybe a wee bit more if we ask Mr Webb nicely) so we should be able to target proper quality as well. 

I actually feel pretty good about the starting point we've got here. Strikers are sorted and, if Mitov stays, goalkeepers are too. Our issues at the back can be properly addressed and feel they can be in midfield too. 

Bring it on

Edited by Kyle

It will be interesting to see which of the out of contract players remain, as you do imagine they'll all be getting offered reduced terms. Are they going to get better deals elsewhere but then maybe principle comes into play?

A year for McGowan, Carey and MacPherson on reduced terms, two for Gordon. Two years for Wright but a weighting towards him being fit and available.

11 hours ago, Darren said:

I know it was a grim list of strikers before Ikpeazu, but he was categorically shite.

And he will be for St Johnstone, even when he arses one in from a yard at Tynecastle.

Suggesting anything else is rewriting history. Five goals. 40 appearances. Guff.

A likeable guy? Yes. A trier? Yes. A nuisance for defenders? Arguably yes. Absolutely shite? Definitely yes.

He got 10 goals all in for us and also had 9 assists. so 19 goal contributions in 55 games, it's not exactly bad.. He was very good at the start of his first season, not just effective but linked play brilliantly. His assist against Celtic for Lafferty showed what he could do. It ended badly as MacPhee hated him and he was in and out with injury, but he then done well for Wycombe in the Championship.

I simply don't think he's shite, but I doubt we'll agree on that.

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

He absolutely was not poor 90% of the time. A ridiculous rewriting of history. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Which is one of the grand things about football, it's all basically opinions.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Wycombe in the Championship.  Which got him a move for  a decent fee to Middlesbrough.  Then done relatively well on loan at Cardiff.

Oh right - apologies, I was confused by you saying 'done well at a level not much worse'. I wouldn't call the Championship worse than us.

All those moves were a little weird, tbh. Scoring rate of one in five for Wycombe (but crucially including having his best game when it was on telly), one in ten for Boro, one in four for Cardiff. Then none in 15 in Turkey and 1 in 20 for Port Vale. Not figures to have any of their fans desperate to keep him.

But anyway, seems a bit rude to keep calling him shite on the St Johnstone thread, so I'll bugger off now 🙂 

Edited by lennyzer0

This video probably sums up the multitudes of Uche quite nicely.

- Risible attempt at scoring into an empty net

- Booked for diving (probably harshly on this occasion)

- Bulldozes his way through to score the winner

The big thing with Ikpeazu is we won't be relying on him for goals. Sidibeh/Kimpioka/Clark should all be getting 5+ each so having a "passenger" as one of four is pretty much exactly what you'd be expect for clubs at our financial level?

6 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Oh right - apologies, I was confused by you saying 'done well at a level not much worse'. I wouldn't call the Championship worse than us.

All those moves were a little weird, tbh. Scoring rate of one in five for Wycombe (but crucially including having his best game when it was on telly), one in ten for Boro, one in four for Cardiff. Then none in 15 in Turkey and 1 in 20 for Port Vale. Not figures to have any of their fans desperate to keep him.

But anyway, seems a bit rude to keep calling him shite on the St Johnstone thread, so I'll bugger off now 🙂 

Aye his goalscoring record has never been great but he adds more than just goals IMO. he's a proper focal point, Cardiff fans liked him and wanted him to stay but Boro shifted him to Turkey.

What he does need is people to run beyond him, no idea if St Johnstone have that ability tbh.

13 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Aye his goalscoring record has never been great but he adds more than just goals IMO. he's a proper focal point, Cardiff fans liked him and wanted him to stay but Boro shifted him to Turkey.

What he does need is people to run beyond him, no idea if St Johnstone have that ability tbh.

Neither do we at this stage. We have a couple of attack minded midfielders but they're more the 'through ball' types. Hopefully something we'll add in the summer. 

24 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Neither do we at this stage. We have a couple of attack minded midfielders but they're more the 'through ball' types. Hopefully something we'll add in the summer. 

You're thinking of midfielders running past the forwards. What if we're playing Adama, Benji either side of big Uche? Uche knocking balls in behind for Sidibeh and Kimpioka to run onto would be a thing of joy. 

I want Fenerbache in the groups.

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You're thinking of midfielders running past the forwards. What if we're playing Adama, Benji either side of big Uche? Uche knocking balls in behind for Sidibeh and Kimpioka to run onto would be a thing of joy. 

I want Fenerbache in the groups.

Can’t see Fenerbache making the Champions League tbh. 

Feel there’s a bit of optimism this close season, now we’re clearing out a lot of players who, with the exception of Considine, made no discernible contribution to our first team the past season.  So wages reduced with no loss to the first team options.

But for me, a lot of the positivity comes from having Mitov in goal and Sidibeh up front and being able to build the pieces around them.  If we were to lose both then we’re starting from a fairly shite position.