Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

One thing about Levein is he seems quite clever when providing information to media, whether that be player injuries, signings etc.  It may be that the likes of Parker, Bright etc go out on loan (as the numbers referred to for numbers of signings coming in) but that the wage structure will not reflect those youngsters going out and is more akin to wages of players considered as starting 11.

Could be completely wrong though.

7 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

One thing about Levein is he seems quite clever when providing information to media, whether that be player injuries, signings etc.  It may be that the likes of Parker, Bright etc go out on loan (as the numbers referred to for numbers of signings coming in) but that the wage structure will not reflect those youngsters going out and is more akin to wages of players considered as starting 11.

Could be completely wrong though.

Think this is possibly along the right lines. I don’t believe for a second any players that leave (loan or otherwise) are going to be on higher wages than the next few incomings. May possibly the exception.

May be the case it’s more for squad sizes and Levein not wanting a bloated squad.

I would have thought the 15 players who left will be around £1 million off the wage ball.

It's where that then leaves you in terms of the overall picture.

I said the other day I think there are about half-a-dozen that the squad is no poorer without. You wouldn't be making the sort of savings suggested above but it maybe starts to bring us back down to a sustainable level when it then comes to signing a few more.

As open as he's been, there's no need for Adam Webb to get into finances and any boost to the budget could simply be him sanctioning spending more, in the hope we have a better season. The club isn't going to run out of money in the short-term so there's no real need for him to make any sort of personal cash investment.

22 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

It's not. It's the town part of Bridgend

Just now, Saint DBL said:

I heard it’s a flat above River Green. 

It's two floors, four 3 bedroom flats getting joined together and further along. Above the Bridgend bar or thereabouts.

49 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It's two floors, four 3 bedroom flats getting joined together and further along. Above the Bridgend bar or thereabouts.

The big man clearly has impeccable taste. I’ll nip in for a pint with him next time I’m in Perth.

Signing a player for a year to immediately sent out on loan is really helpful when we are already at full capacity. 

Best of luck to the boy, here's hoping he's the second coming of Josh McPake.