Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Something has to change, and quickly, before we lose supporters. I can't get my 10 year old to go up to Perth for the game today. He's football-mad and Saints-mad, but he's told me he hates going to see Saints just now, as it boring, the football is rubbish, and he doesn't really like any of the players we have! Although, I suspect part of the reason may be he can't be arsed with the car journey from Edinburgh... 

In addition to the current impact this has on the support, we're in danger of potentially losing a chunk of the next generation of the core support if this goes on too much longer. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

Something has to change, and quickly, before we lose supporters. I can't get my 10 year old to go up to Perth for the game today. He's football-mad and Saints-mad, but he's told me he hates going to see Saints just now, as it boring, the football is rubbish, and he doesn't really like any of the players we have! Although, I suspect part of the reason may be he can't be arsed with the car journey from Edinburgh... 

In addition to the current impact this has on the support, we're in danger of potentially losing a chunk of the next generation of the core support if this goes on too much longer. 

100%. People will vote with their feet. I'm going today but only because I'm an idiot who got carried away by the new owner feel good factor and bought  season ticket. Another season of this abject pish I'll just stop going and write it off as a bad debt and start going again when it's clear there's at least an attempt to improve the football on display 

Edited by Kyle

22 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

Never thought I’d ever say this but I’d be happy for us to lose today if it meant that Levein got the sack tomorrow. I’m 62 years old and have supported Saints since I was a kid and I’ve never felt like this before even in the dark days of Jim Storrie , John Connolly or Alex Stuart. 

In the past I’ve understood why we changed managers , even wanted managers to go but I’ve never wanted us to lose in the hope the manager will be canned.

24 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

I’m going today for what will be only my 3rd game in 3 seasons. Main reason I’m going is to meet up with my nephew who worked with Levein on a few games on the radio.

36 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

I fully agree with him.

50 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

Exactly this.

Mr Webb has been very positive and talking of his vision for the future.

However, if you do not have a  product that customers want, then the vision and expected result will not be achieved.

Levein should have gone at the end of last season and my guess is that the uncertainty and time it took for conclusion of the club being purchased has saved him.

Whilst Mr Webb appears to be a businessman that will make quick and sound decisions, based on his excellent communications to date, the main decision right now is staring him in the face re Levein and Kirk.

Failire to sack Levein and Kirk now will be disastrous for the short and long term future of our club.

We need to be winning by at least 3 today to take any risk out of things, if we fail to qualify with that then you can claim one bad 10 minutes cost us.

The line up and way of playing has to reflect that.

Relying on a Morton with apparently no fit CBs to beat Alloa would be daft, and even if they draw Alloa go through if they win the penalties and we don't win by at least 2 goals.

He needs to nail the line up from the start.

I’m seeing some supporters on social media who are absolutely furious about the Stevie May news after previously criticising those who were unhappy about the Makenzie Kirk signing. Make it make sense. Why do they think people were unhappy to begin with? It was the most unnecessary position for us to strengthen further, so it was obvious that someone (and most likely Stevie May) would have to leave. The fact that he’s the assistant manager’s son, and recent flop at League One level, was just the tip of the iceberg.  

I feel sorry for Makenzie. It puts a lot of pressure on him to hit the ground running, or he’ll forever be known as the assistant manager’s little boy who displaced a fans’ favourite.

The jury is out on whether Stevie could perform week-in week-out at this level, but he is a decent Championship-quality player at the very least, competing with recent recruits who would be (and have been, in some cases) unremarkable at League One level. In our current situation, it makes sense to get rid of Stevie to free up funds for elsewhere (although, as pointed out by others, you can’t imagine that it would free up very much at all). However, the issue is what has led us to this current situation. Where has the money gone? We’ve wasted it on dreadful players and offered new contracts to undeserving wasters, creating a woefully unbalanced squad in the process and requiring the departure of someone who actually fights for the club. 

3 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Nicholson saying we didn't pay a fee for Kirk and it's just a giant sell on clause or whatever

Then why announce an undisclosed fee? 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We need to be winning by at least 3 today to take any risk out of things, if we fail to qualify with that then you can claim one bad 10 minutes cost us.

The line up and way of playing has to reflect that.

Relying on a Morton with apparently no fit CBs to beat Alloa would be daft, and even if they draw Alloa go through if they win the penalties and we don't win by at least 2 goals.

He needs to nail the line up from the start.

Alloa go through if they win on penalties,on 10 points 

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Then why announce an undisclosed fee? 

Cause it wasn't a 'free transfer". 

Undisclosed fee doesn't mean there was definitely a fee. It just means they're not telling us. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

32 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Cause it wasn't a 'free transfer". 

Undisclosed fee doesn't mean there was definitely a fee. It just means they're not telling us. 

Undisclosed fee is literally never used when there's a free transfer. They just call it a free transfer with future cash/clause incentives.

Timing of that leaking isn't a great look really.

Aside from Steve Bright, nobody gets me more riled than this guy. He posted this shortly after the Makenzie Kirk signing. I can only assume ‘the usual suspects’ is in reference to Saints supporters who have been expressing justified concern ever since the days when Davidson and Flaherty were tearing the club apart in a very obvious manner. Thomson is a spineless enabler who consistently refuses to question anything and mocks those supporters who do. Maybe our club would be in a better position right now if it was represented by journalists of integrity.

IMG_1572.jpeg

Straight 4-4-2 today?

Rae

Keltjens - McClelland - Cameron - Raymond

Wright - Smith - MacPherson - Carey

Sidibeh - Kimpioka

If so, that’s probably the best we can muster right now if Sprangler isn’t fully fit.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Straight 4-4-2 today?

Rae

Keltjens - McClelland - Cameron - Raymond

Wright - Smith - MacPherson - Carey

Sidibeh - Kimpioka

If so, that’s probably the best we can muster right now if Sprangler isn’t fully fit.

Spranglers probably the next one to be punted.