Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Saunders again today. 

Hadn't seen him play prior to him signing and I was definitely questioning him after the Alloa game especially but thought again today he did very well like he did when he came on against Aberdeen. 

Sanders, why are so many getting this wrong?

First and foremost really hope Bev is okay. What Bev has suffered is truly awful and wish her a speedy recovery, both physically and emotional trauma.

The thugs are despicable. Whilst the main assailant has his face fully seen, the rest of group have their faces covered - utter cowards.

Something has to be done to send a clear message. My own view is that the upcoming Rangers games at home should have a ban of away fans. Yes, there will be a financial hit, but for once make a stand against violence over money.

Perhaps such a stand would cause some of their support to turn against the thugs involved in this. 

Also, perhaps the club express concerns to Police in terms of safety of staff, fans and officers themselves, believe officer(s) also attacked today and thoughts with them too, to bring a joint decision to away support ban this season.

In terms of football today, Saints should be demanding all video/audio of incident. When you have radio pundits responding to SFA statement as to reasoning for decision as 'lies' and 'liars', this tells you everything we need to know. 

Would never have happened at the other end and never would this occur in an OF game.

Saints played well, despite the outrageous refereeing decision. As players to try and remain focussed for the game plan for the rest of the match when feeling rage and injustice is testement to the players.

We move onto big games at Tannadice next week then home to Motherwell the following week. These two games, despite early in the season, could be defining in terms of points on the board, confidence and momentum.

11 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Saunders again today. 

Hadn't seen him play prior to him signing and I was definitely questioning him after the Alloa game especially but thought again today he did very well like he did when he came on against Aberdeen. 

Think he'll be one who looks good in the middle of a back 3 but struggles a bit anywhere else in defence.

f**king old firm fans are scum.

I was bitten by a Celtic fan when working a turnstile, when I grabbed him trying to sneak in without a ticket by rushing in behind his pal who had one. 

He spat on my face, I went out to confront him , ended up with 6 of them on my back as I pinned the culprit down, eventually had to let him go after plenty knees/punches to the back.

Stewards stood and watched and other Celtic fans blocked the police from coming in to help.

It should have been made public but was hushed up. A Celtic board member did apologise for his fans Behaviour.

Hope Bev is ok. Shocking stuff. 

Sincerely hope Bev is okay. 
Enough is Enough now with their fans. A ban of their fans attending for the next home match, with a very strict sale to home fans only, including a lifetime ban for any supporter found distributing tickets to Rangers fans. 

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Sincerely hope Bev is okay. 
Enough is Enough now with their fans. A ban of their fans attending for the next home match, with a very strict sale to home fans only, including a lifetime ban for any supporter found distributing tickets to Rangers fans. 

Aye! this.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Terrible, nothing will be done though, authorities are too scared, and that will be the end of it.

Sonner it goes tits up for them the better.

Vile.

Which it will. 

I am not going to make this a Celtic/Rangers thing because Rangers are worse. I genuinely believe that. 

Also, no chance celtic would have as many empty seats for a European game and a cup game. 

I read that Rangers need 31,000 fans to break even using hampden. They are hemorrhaging cash now. 

I am happy for the old firm to get in their own little squabbles but to bring this to our door is a joke.

35 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I was bitten by a Celtic fan when working a turnstile, when I grabbed him trying to sneak in without a ticket by rushing in behind his pal who had one. 

He spat on my face, I went out to confront him , ended up with 6 of them on my back

It should have been made public but was hushed up. A Celtic board member did apologise for his fans Behaviour.

Hope Bev is ok. Shocking stuff. 

@perthsaint1977 really sorry to hear of your own awful experience. Shocking to hear. 

Words from Celtic board to you is just that, words.

Actions speak louder than words and something has to be done to ensure our community club takes a strong stance to such shocking incidents suffered by you and Bev, and no doubt others not known publicly, by banning clubs fans of violence against staff and fans. 

100% in favour of banning away fans for the next home game vs Rangers. Ban the away fans, rally the home supporters. Old Firm fans have been acting like animals - and getting away with it - for too long. I'd rather we took the financial hit and take a stand.

13 minutes ago, GreekPhoenix said:

Rangers are worse. I genuinely believe that. 

Lost count of the amount of transfers they've f**ked us over on, a bunch of f**king parasites, any transfer we've had with the green arse cheek has generally been fair though.

f**k, sorry to read this. A large chunk of rangers fans are a disgrace. Hope Bev is Ok.

As for the first Rangers goal, the ref has f**ked up. I’m not sure it is a foul but the ref’s body language explicitly reads foul. Points his arm forward and influences play. And none of this play to the whistle arguments. That was incompetent officiating at best.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13364244/rangers-ultras-clash-police-hampden-st-johnstone-woman-ground/

Aye, I hate The Sun as well but they seem to be the only outlet reporting the thuggery. The BBC especially are well-known for Nelsoning Old Firm stuff like this. But let one wee idiot at one wee diddy club chuck one pound coin...

Hope yer lady is OK and recovers fine.  And, aye, ban their support for your next home game. More of your own fans will turn up without their toxic presence.

Just now, The Saintee said:

Time to get emailing Webb again.

FFS the OF fans are c***s.

If they can play their pathetic OF game tit-for-tat on spurious "safety" grounds, then I would love it, just love it, if Saints grew some and made the next game Home Fans ONLY under the same argument. You guys have solid evidence to back you up!

I’ve never once come close to actually emailing Mr Webb about anything saints related, for various reasons. However I along with, I’m sure nearly every single saints fan who has ever had any interaction with Bev will want something done about this. She’s literally a godsend for all things St Johnstone and we need to take a stance on this. 

Equally, I had the misfortune of getting the train back from Mount Florida after the game, think the two of us were maybe the only 2 saints fans on the platform. Now normally I don’t mind, but when you overhear a group of 15/16 year old kids loudly stating they wanted to find some saints fans so they could start a fight, then that’s everything that’s wrong! Now I don’t mind being in a minority in a crowd at all, comes with the territory as a saints fans, but the fact you are actively hiding your allegiance as there is the potential for it to be 30/40/50 against 1 probably means that’ll be the last “away” match in Glasgow I go to.