Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Kane and/or May starting, with Hendry coming off the bench having a go at a tired defence is our option right now IMO. I like Hendry but he doesn’t offer enough when he starts. 

As an aside, i thought Kane was excellent today. 

I keep hearing this and I've even said it myself but he's not exactly had a run in the team from the start to make this assertion.  He's had the odd game here and there. In actual fact, he's only played 310 minutes in the league this season, scoring 4 goals.

He got over 200 mins in the league cup and 2 starts in the 4 games scoring 1 and admittedly was poor but the whole team were brutal.

I'm not sure we can confidently day he can't affect games from the start if he's only started 1 league game this season. In that game he put Mikey through 1:1 so arguably could have assisted the winner.

11 hours ago, Broon_100 said:

I keep hearing this and I've even said it myself but he's not exactly had a run in the team from the start to make this assertion.  He's had the odd game here and there. In actual fact, he's only played 310 minutes in the league this season, scoring 4 goals.

He got over 200 mins in the league cup and 2 starts in the 4 games scoring 1 and admittedly was poor but the whole team were brutal.

I'm not sure we can confidently day he can't affect games from the start if he's only started 1 league game this season. In that game he put Mikey through 1:1 so arguably could have assisted the winner.

Yup, one start in the league this season for Hendry, where he was given 75 minutes.

Our top scorer this season hasnt played a single 90 minute game.

May - 12 starts, 5 90 minutes - 1014 minutes - 2 goals 

Kane - 7 starts, 4 90 minutes - 700 minutes - 0 goals

Hendry - 1 start, 0 90 minutes - 309 minutes - 4 goals

Hendry has started in 5% of games this season, played 18% of possible minutes played, yet has scored double what the other two have combined.

Yet folk agree to leave him off the park until the final half hour. I'm not sure we even had a shot on target with Kane on the pitch yesterday.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20191230-074920_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4890f69b63ce0793f63c64b3a53f27ef.jpg

Why are we always at the cow's tail. This should have been thrashed out weeks ago. Everything is last minute stuff. Tommy wants to do it next week, on Wednesday Kennedy is free to sign a pre contract with an other club. He will now go the highest bidder (biggest salary) and I do not blame him .

His agent will have been busy touting him around other clubs. It is in an agents interest to get the best contract for the player and the biggest fee for himself.

13 minutes ago, Templar said:

Why are we always at the cow's tail. This should have been thrashed out weeks ago. Everything is last minute stuff. Tommy wants to do it next week, on Wednesday Kennedy is free to sign a pre contract with an other club. He will now go the highest bidder (biggest salary) and I do not blame him .

His agent will have been busy touting him around other clubs. It is in an agents interest to get the best contract for the player and the biggest fee for himself.

It all has to be done on one of the two days that Bulletproof actually works though.

Drey Wright saying that his ‘first choice’ would be to renew his contract with Saints, joining Kennedy in making such a pledge. 

Last year Shaughnessy and Watt said similar at about this time. How did that work out again? 

Edited by Kyle

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Drey Wright saying that his ‘first choice’ would be to renew his contract with Saints, joining Kennedy in making such a pledge. 

Last year Shaughnessy and Watt said similar at about this time. How did that work out again? 

Joe buggered off to the seaside to get a rollicking from big Sol Campbell and and wee Tony went to a country where no one knows who Celtic or Barcelona are 

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

I think Drey Wright is in a different boat. He has not done enough this season to attract interest from elsewhere. But Kennedy has arguably been our best player this season.