Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The Liam Gordon effect.

Believe we've kept 9 clean sheets in the league in calendar year 2019.

Gordon has been involved in 5 of them.

In the four games before Gordon returned, we conceded 9 games. In the four games since, we've conceded 0.

Colossus. 

931316292_images(11).jpeg.cae19b0d6cf553f273140b866ccd7b7c.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

Can’t wait for Swanson to be shown the door more like.

Aye. Theyll be more annoyed about Callachan leaving, already seen some comments about him being better than Holt.

9 minutes ago, football maniac said:

https://twitter.com/PastSpfl/lists  a comprehensive list of players/managers to play or manage your team in the Spfl. Please feel free to follow/share

Click link, find St Johnstone, open timeline.

Pops straight up.

Fucking beautiful. 

2 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Excellent work.

I often lie awake wondering what happened to Jamie Winter or Richie Byrne.

Tbf Cillian Sheridans twitter is a work of art.

Thread of greeting faced wee bairns. 
Wonder if the United fan is old enough to remember when they might been considered a top side.

Several posts in that thread saying nobody cares about Saints, by posters who self evidently very much do care.

Probably I missed it written elsewhere, but our starting 11 Boxing Day team at Hamilton featured 6 players who came through our youth programme: Clark, Kerr, Gordon, McCann, May and Kane. 

5 today. 

Considering it's something our manager/ club used to get stick for, it's quite a turnaround in just a few seasons, especially when you think that they're mostly fairly key players in key positions as well.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Probably I missed it written elsewhere, but our starting 11 Boxing Day team at Hamilton featured 6 players who came through our youth programme: Clark, Kerr, Gordon, McCann, May and Kane. 

5 today. 

Considering it's something our manager/ club used to get stick for, it's quite a turnaround in just a few seasons, especially when you think that they're mostly fairly key players in key positions as well.

Did Gordon? We signed him from Hearts.

I included him cos he emerged from our Development team and came through at Saints, but you're right, technically he was either a product of Dundee or Raith Rovers' youth programmes.

Fair dues, I genuinely had no idea.

Wotherspoon and him are both from Perth and Saints fans. So you've got 7 starters against Hamilton with a close link to the club.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair dues, I genuinely had no idea.

Wotherspoon and him are both from Perth and Saints fans. So you've got 7 starters against Hamilton with a close link to the club.

And if we're really stretching it, we could probably take some kind of credit for Callum Hendry, who came on as a sub, as well!

Speaking of Hendry, he's now our outright top league scorer this season on 4 goals.  Scored 6 Premiership league goals in his young career so far, putting him level with the following past Saints players:

Billy Dodds, Paul Hartley, Paul Kane, Alan Kernaghan, Philip Scott, Joe Shaughnessy.

We've got a pretty good record in matches Hendry has scored in as well. 4 wins, 2 draws and 0 defeats.

He's only scored once away from McDiarmid though, the winner at Tynecastle a couple of weeks ago.

And if we're really stretching it, we could probably take some kind of credit for Callum Hendry, who came on as a sub, as well!

Speaking of Hendry, he's now our outright top league scorer this season on 4 goals.  Scored 6 Premiership league goals in his young career so far, putting him level with the following past Saints players:

Billy Dodds, Paul Hartley, Paul Kane, Alan Kernaghan, Philip Scott, Joe Shaughnessy.

We've got a pretty good record in matches Hendry has scored in as well. 4 wins, 2 draws and 0 defeats.

He's only scored once away from McDiarmid though, the winner at Tynecastle a couple of weeks ago.

Hendry has to be starting games now. Understand Kane maybe gives more in certain games, and Hendry isnt always the best when he starts, but his goal record is unreal and it feels illogical giving him fewer minutes because he scores a lot.

Kane and/or May starting, with Hendry coming off the bench having a go at a tired defence is our option right now IMO. I like Hendry but he doesn’t offer enough when he starts. 

As an aside, i thought Kane was excellent today.