Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

You'll be disappointed  Random when May and Andreu are up front with Scougall in behind and MOH and Spoony swinging in crosses next season then.

Swap Andreu for Storey and you have yourself a deal.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Without wanting to seem harsh/Randoom-y, I wouldn't say a single one of those is realistic. Even Scougall, who I always go on about.

No probably not, but if we're after quality over quantity then these are the type of names we should be considering to enhance our first team rather than to pad out our squad.  I wouldn't say any were much better, if at all, than Swanson, for example, who we managed to sign on two separate occasions.

I have no idea on the wage demands of any of them though...

Where do we put Macca?

In with the young team?

Up top on his own. The "Lomas Tree" formation in full swing (formatting will be shite as I'm on my phone, but you'll get the point)

Clark

Foster - Ando - Joe - Easton

Spoony - Scougall - MOH

May - Storey

Macca

No probably not, but if we're after quality over quantity then these are the type of names we should be considering to enhance our first team rather than to pad out our squad.  I wouldn't say any were much better, if at all, than Swanson, for example, who we managed to sign on two separate occasions.
I have no idea on the wage demands of any of them though...

They'd all demand transfer fees, and/or be sought after by bigger clubs if they did come into our price range.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Up top on his own. The "Lomas Tree" formation in full swing (formatting will be shite as I'm on my phone, but you'll get the point)

Clark

Foster - Ando - Joe - Easton

Spoony - Scougall - MOH

May - Storey

Macca

We'd win the league* with that side.

*Champions league 

In terms of this fourth choice striker we're endlessly searching for, he's probably as good as we'll be able to get, especially seeing as he was into double figures for goals last time he was here.

If Graham was a replacement for someone like Cummins, I'd be ok with it. As it is, however, we need someone with more quality than big Brian.

Also, can people stop saying 'adverse' instead of 'averse'? It's really grinding my gears.

Edited by The Real Saints

3 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Imagine weve have actually signed Swanson and offload that wage thief Graham onto you :lol: 

Some in your support said the same about signing Liam Craig and giving us David Wotherspoon to be fair.

Now both are ahead of your marque signing in the pecking order of the 4th best team in Scotland. I suppose our back up players are the best the 13th best team can hope for 8);)

33 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

If Graham was a replacement for someone like Cummins, I'd be ok with it. As it is, however, we need someone with more quality than big Brian.

Also, can people stop saying 'adverse' instead of 'averse'? It's really grinding my gears.

adverse ya pie.