Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I dare someone to post the screenshot of Danny's Instagram post on WeArePerth. Just for the banter.

I think that might well put it into full meltdown, never to be seen again

Just now, harry94 said:

Odds on him re-signing for St Johnstone in January?

That's him done at Saints I think. Twice now Wright has offered him a chance to save his career, twice he's jumped when he could. It'll no doubt go tits up as like folk have said, his form in the last 5-6 months would see him forgotten at a club like Hibs. But fine, he'll move on, have a slightly bigger bank balance and we'll get someone in to replace him. 

Cheers Danny.

58fa17b792eb7_swansongoal.thumb.jpg.a37d8e8cf1b7f6f5c0701d155c04bda7.jpg

Odds on him re-signing for St Johnstone in January?

Slim to none. By the sounds of things he's never even hinted to TW that he was interested in signing elsewhere

Judging him over the course of the season, Swanson going will leave a hole to fill. We've had some really good performances without him (Ross County maybe the best) but he's made the difference in quite a few games.

The manager was looking for three players this summer but I think the focus has to be on two positions, a replacement for Swanson and another striker. Cummins and Kane are good squad players but there is no harm in striving to find better.

Forget whether we are under budget this season as that money will be gone and won't be carried over and I'm sceptical as to whether we really will get back to the pre-2012 level that the manager wants. What is clear though is that if Scobbie and Mannus go on top of Swanson, that'll be a decent kitty for the manager to play with. Mannus may well want to leave in any case and it's a risk letting Scobbie go and not replacing him but a gamble we need to make I think if the manager is serious about adding real quality to the squad and striving to kick on again.

I honestly don't believe Gordon or Kerr can be much worse than Scobbie has been at times. So I'm happy to let him go, only issue is back up left back, but I guess Foster can cover if Watson is ever fit!

Wright gave the reason for signing Foster over retaining McKay as the fact RF could play left back. Whether he'd be better than Scobbie there, I'm not sure?

I know some folk were quick to blame Mannus for the second goal on Saturday but it's a Scobbie error for me and that's my issue with him, you are never far away from a mistake. He defends well the rest of the time IMO (very well sometimes) but if you go a month without a mistake, you have done well. I'd be fine with him staying in most circumstances (and maybe the budget will allow it) but if it's a choice between Scobbie and bit extra quality going forward then it's an easy decision. There's also the issue of creating a pathway for the young defenders. Are they going to play if Scobbie stays?

Wright gave the reason for signing Foster over retaining McKay as the fact RF could play left back. Whether he'd be better than Scobbie there, I'm not sure?
I know some folk were quick to blame Mannus for the second goal on Saturday but it's a Scobbie error for me and that's my issue with him, you are never far away from a mistake. He defends well the rest of the time IMO (very well sometimes) but if you go a month without a mistake, you have done well. I'd be fine with him staying in most circumstances (and maybe the budget will allow it) but if it's a choice between Scobbie and bit extra quality going forward then it's an easy decision. There's also the issue of creating a pathway for the young defenders. Are they going to play if Scobbie stays?

I think most folk know I'm not a fan of Scobbie at all. You're right for the most part he's a decent defender, but his distribution and the mistakes a game are not good enough for a first team senior. Gordon has played a few games and looked a lot more ready without the panic, Kerr is apparently getting rave reviews at EF. I think we're as well getting rid of Gilchirst tbh. Pretty sure County used Foster on the left quite a bit last season and honestly he's a better defender than Scobbie, he's quicker and provides a threat so I'm happy enough with that.

33 minutes ago, Radford said:

He played a lot at LB for Ross County and was as good as he was at RB. 

What are you blethering about now?

Anyone else heard the club won't allow Millar to start another game as it will trigger his contract extension that they don't want to give him? 

A few people suggesting over the past 24 hours that this rumour is true.

11 hours ago, Old Pack said:

Foster signed a deal last month, Swanson fucked about and fucked Saints about so f**k him.

If the deal isn't right why should he sign it?

Fair play to Swanson, if I was at Hibs and Saints offered me double my wages I'd be through in half an hour. f**k it I'd probably sign for half the wages just to see Macca naked in the showers. 

If the deal isn't right why should he sign it?
Fair play to Swanson, if I was at Hibs and Saints offered me double my wages I'd be through in half an hour. f**k it I'd probably sign for half the wages just to see Macca naked in the showers. 

Why waste everyone's time though. He was apparently approached by Hibs in December, so why was he still telling TW last week that he wanted to sign a new contract with us?

It's not the fact he's leaving that's annoying, it's the way he's gone about it, yet again.