Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why waste everyone's time though. He was apparently approached by Hibs in December, so why was he still telling TW last week that he wanted to sign a new contract with us?

It's not the fact he's leaving that's annoying, it's the way he's gone about it, yet again.

There are faults by both parties here. It would've been good to keep him but if Saints (not just TW) really wanted to, they would've got it tied up ages ago. Same goes for Swanson if he really wanted to stay.

Look on the brightside Random, we can afford Scougall now :lol:

There are faults by both parties here. It would've been good to keep him but if Saints (not just TW) really wanted to, they would've got it tied up ages ago. Same goes for Swanson if he really wanted to stay.
Look on the brightside Random, we can afford Scougall now [emoji38]

Scougall4lyf

I'm confused here. If they didn't want to give him a contract extension then why have they, em, just given him one?

Apparently he hasn't played much over the past two months despite being fit due to it, for one reason or another.

In our hands now. My initial thoughts are that four points should be enough, particularly if any of those points are taken from Hearts. They have a huge opportunity to put pressure on us the way the fixtures have fallen though-wouldn't be surprised if we were level on points after the next two games with us having two hard away fixtures and Hearts looking to take victories in the last games in front of the old Main Stand at Tynecastle.

On 4/22/2017 at 22:37, G_Man1985 said:

Well fucking done. Every year finishing in top half. No fans yet the team still rise to it and get you into Europe.
Top drawer and quality business.

Just find more fans.

220px-Wealdstone_Raider.jpeg.c6547e00760d0087fc487027921ce2c3.jpeg

On 22 April 2017 at 14:59, Jamie_Beatson said:

In our hands now. My initial thoughts are that four points should be enough, particularly if any of those points are taken from Hearts. They have a huge opportunity to put pressure on us the way the fixtures have fallen though-wouldn't be surprised if we were level on points after the next two games with us having two hard away fixtures and Hearts looking to take victories in the last games in front of the old Main Stand at Tynecastle.

That's my thinking too. One more win and avoid defeat to Hearts and we're there.

What would be the possible countries we could travel to? Hopefully not Armenia or Kazakhstan or that.

Which countries are in our region? 

No idea. It's apparently split into North, Central and South "regions" though. So you'd expect it to be the Scandinavian countries.

As if confirmation was actually needed, Tommy Wrights confirmed Swanson has signed for Hibs.

Hes "keeping his thoughts to himself" on the matter, for now.

As if confirmation was actually needed, Tommy Wrights confirmed Swanson has signed for Hibs.

Hes "keeping his thoughts to himself" on the matter, for now.

For Swanson to say it's family reasons fair enough, but he should've had the decency of admitting months ago instead of taking the piss.

For Swanson to say it's family reasons fair enough, but he should've had the decency of admitting months ago instead of taking the piss.

Is that what he's said? As you say though, his reasoning for joining them isn't an issue, it's the way he's acted

Supporters look for loyalty but I think most realise it's in hope rather than expectation with footballers. There is no excuse for dishonesty though and Swanson repeatedly paints himself in a bad light on that front. Steve Brown has already rebuked his claims at Xmas time and if he has led Saints up the the garden path again, I hope the club/manager come out and call him out for it.

Even fans of other clubs are pointing out how it looks from the outside.

Supporters look for loyalty but I think most realise it's in hope rather than expectation with footballers. There is no excuse for dishonesty though and Swanson repeatedly paints himself in a bad light on that front. Steve Brown has already rebuked his claims at Xmas time and if he has led Saints up the the garden path again, I hope the club/manager come out and call him out for it.
Even fans of other clubs are pointing out how it looks from the outside.

Do we see him starting on Saturday? If he plays you kind of feel like he owes us a big performance.