Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

Think that’s Rangers*, sure one of the Celtic fans said that’s not the case for them. 

Yeah Rangers have a system that automatically takes funds out their fans accounts and gives them a ticket even if they dont want one. That's why theres always millions for sale on twitter.

A great system.

I'm all for the decision to open up the stands to the old firm as per all the arguments from when it was first announced. But also as I find it more enjoyable to be in a packed stadium and I think our players would too. I go mostly to away games as I live south central belt but enjoy them more than our home games  due to bigger crowds and a better sense of belonging with the away Saints fans.  I for one would find being in a full Saints main stand with a sold out away support an enticement to head up the road.

That you are already seeing Celtic fans trying to sell spares suggests they have CSCs/fans who will always buy tickets for which they are eligible to keep their points totals up. Will that be the case? @gannonball

Being able to fill 4,700 seats in that situation is one thing but I'm sceptical they'll manage to fill their new allocation, especially on a midweek night. And if folk can't shift their spares then they'll have a decision to make about whether they spend £30 on a ticket(s) they end up lumbered with in future. 

A celtic fan at work was saying the same thing, that folk snap up away tickets for every match as it keeps up their points tally so that when the much more sought after away tickets come round (Ibrox, Tynecastle, Easter Road, Pittodrie etc), they have a good chance of buying them.  This is often for matches they're not going to.

The thought that an extra 2600 OF fans are paying us £30 a head when potentially not many more will be at the game simply because they have to, is quite satisfying.

But we better have something to show from this by the end of the January window in terms of a couple of quality signings!

22 minutes ago, Radford said:

What would Saints fans feel was an acceptable deal for Kennedy? 

Hard to put a number on it, because it's not just the cash. 

If Matty goes this month, IMO it materially increses the risk of relegation. Not say that we're safe if he stays of course but without him much tougher,

If we can get enough to secure at least 1 CB/RB and a striker that's good for 6-8 goals, that we can get in now and get playing in the next fortnight then maybe. But with Callaghan out and extra ticket money from the OF coming in you'd have to think that we could do the defender. 

Not sure any price would be worth it. It's pretty high risk to sell your best player when you're  2 points off the playoff spot. 

3 hours ago, Radford said:

That you are already seeing Celtic fans trying to sell spares suggests they have CSCs/fans who will always buy tickets for which they are eligible to keep their points totals up. Will that be the case? @gannonball

Being able to fill 4,700 seats in that situation is one thing but I'm sceptical they'll manage to fill their new allocation, especially on a midweek night. And if folk can't shift their spares then they'll have a decision to make about whether they spend £30 on a ticket(s) they end up lumbered with in future. 

Been more of a case of late .The Home cup ticket scheme used to guarantee a hampden ticket near enough but not now with so many on it.

Add in cut allocations for Aberdeen, Hearts (at times) and the **** and more people/Csc’s are reluctant to turn down tickets.

Edited by gannonball

25 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

£50+Devlin on loan

Yes, we'll get rid of our best attacker for a nominal fee that won't get us any quality, and a centre back to sit on our bench.

Why do Aberdeen fans constantly suggest utterly fucking moronic deals (Gleeson/McLennan on loan) when its blatantly obvious it would be a dreadful deal.

57 minutes ago, Radford said:

What would Saints fans feel was an acceptable deal for Kennedy? 

Hard to say without knowing what players they're targeting, tbh. Would have to be enough to get at least one quality player in though.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Rangers have a system that automatically takes funds out their fans accounts and gives them a ticket even if they dont want one. That's why theres always millions for sale on twitter.

A great system.

First you were moaning about your club not e-mailing you on a regular basis to try and get your engagement, now your moaning about an automated system where there's presumably an an opt-in to automatically get tickets. 

Where do you draw the line? 

42 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

It's pretty high risk to sell your best player when you're  2 points off the playoff spot. 

Hes not trained since he signed a contract with Aberdeen. How much of a part are you expecting him to play in us fighting relegation?

I expected him to respect the club and manager enough to play for the club who rescued him off the scrapheap, but sadly it seems like hes trying to force the clubs hands (DISCLAIMER: This is just based on the reports hes not trained and isn't injured, if it comes out he been told to stay away/is injured, I'll admit I was wrong). Maybe shows how lucky we were with Liam Craig.

If it does turn out he's staying away to force a move, I'll have lost a huge amount of respect for him, and McInnes.

49 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

£50+Devlin on loan

I’d be tempted by this. As long as you meant £50k and not £50. If you’re being a smart arse and saying £50 deliberately then you are mean and uncouth. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not trained since he signed a contract with Aberdeen. How much of a part are you expecting him to play in us fighting relegation?

I expected him to respect the club and manager enough to play for the club who rescued him off the scrapheap, but sadly it seems like hes trying to force the clubs hands (DISCLAIMER: This is just based on the reports hes not trained and isn't injured, if it comes out he been told to stay away/is injured, I'll admit I was wrong). Maybe shows how lucky we were with Liam Craig.

If it does turn out he's staying away to force a move, I'll have lost a huge amount of respect for him, and McInnes.

Kennedy is pushing for a move now.

If he stays cannot see him trying but just going through the motions - if selected.

20 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’d be tempted by this. As long as you meant £50k and not £50. If you’re being a smart arse and saying £50 deliberately then you are mean and uncouth. 

How much of Devlins wages, over 5 months, do you think that £50k would cover...

I doubt Aberdeen would hand us him for absolutely nothing tbh.

In saying that, anythings preferable to Berra.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How much of Devlins wages, over 5 months, do you think that £50k would cover...

I doubt Aberdeen would hand us him for absolutely nothing tbh.

In saying that, anythings preferable to Berra.

You said as much yourself in your previous post - if he’s staying away or is starting to pretend he’s injured rather than play then it forces our hand. We’re better off getting something from it. Cash + a quality, experienced centre back to help us to the end of the season seems alright. The cash will allow us to bring in at least one other quality player too.  I’ve no idea if he is genuinely injured or the club are saying he’s injured prior to him being moved on a la Foster. If he’s fit and willing, I’d still be inclined to keep him. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

You said as much yourself in your previous post - if he’s staying away or is starting to pretend he’s injured rather than play then it forces our hand. We’re better off getting something from it. Cash + a quality, experienced centre back to help us to the end of the season seems alright. The cash will allow us to bring in at least one other quality player too.  I’ve no idea if he is genuinely injured or the club are saying he’s injured prior to him being moved on a la Foster. If he’s fit and willing, I’d still be inclined to keep him. 

To me, and its pure speculation and I'm usually wrong, its too much of a coincidence that we find out Matty Kennedy hasn't trained with Saints since Tuesday, the day before his PCA with Aberdeen was officially announced by both clubs.