Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why do Aberdeen fans constantly suggest utterly fucking moronic deals (Gleeson/McLennan on loan) when its blatantly obvious it would be a dreadful deal.

To watch you get all verklempt i'd assume.

I agree tho, the Gleeson/McLennan on loan is a  ludicrous proposal! you'd never get both tbqh.

😀

Just reading the Twitter. 

It's mental how much Ayr fans believe the pish waffled by folk in Dundee. 

"Nae away fans will turn up" is the general chat from them on Twitter. 

With certainty there will be more Saints fans at that game than there would be Ayr fans in Perth if the tie was the other way round. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

With certainty there will be more Saints fans at that game than there would be Ayr fans in Perth if the tie was the other way round. 

There's a chance we'll take more fans to Ayr than Dundee had at home to Motherwell...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Dele said:

A small chance, but a chance nevertheless.

How many Dundee fans were at that game? I'm still not convinced we'll actually reach 1k due to the, likely, poor form we'll be taking into the game.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The bus I'm on (mate has booked it) was booked this morning and seemingly we only have 9 seats left. I think we'll have over 1000 down tbh. This tie appeals to folk of a certain generation. 

It's not a 12 seater before any Dees comment.

3 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Has anyone heard any names of possible signings? Less than a fortnight to go. Would be nice if something actually happened 

Be prepared for Deadline day excitement for Saints. 

What I mean by that is someone on loan from down south we've never heard of. Willock type name. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

From the sounds of McInnes' post match interview it looks like a deal will be done pretty quickly.

Yep - thought the same thing. Whatever it is we've asked seems reasonable from his perspective. 

Cash plus a player on loan is my guess. McLennan wouldn't be that much of a surprise to me at this point, as long as he isn't injured.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Yep - thought the same thing. Whatever it is we've asked seems reasonable from his perspective. 

Cash plus a player on loan is my guess. McLennan wouldn't be that much of a surprise to me at this point, as long as he isn't injured.

Yeah. He got a bit flustered when asked if a deal is imminent due to him not playing for you. Said it was a question for Tommy Wright blah blah but that we are looking to get a creative player in if not him.

McLennan is fit but lost his way at the moment. Will be an asset to a team that can give him a proper run of games. I'd like that to be Pittodrie.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah. He got a bit flustered when asked if a deal is imminent due to him not playing for you. Said it was a question for Tommy Wright blah blah but that we are looking to get a creative player in if not him.

McLennan is fit but lost his way at the moment. Will be an asset to a team that can give him a proper run of games. I'd like that to be Pittodrie.

I was quite surprised the Redtv guys asked him that, he clearly didn't appreciate it but yeah he seems hopeful at the very least of something being done this month.

Just now, Merkland Red said:

I think any player would need to be either a centre back, a winger to replace Kennedy or a striker who's sufficiently different from May, Kane and Hendry.

McLennan is probably the one that stands out to me when looking at your squad. He plays the same position that Kennedy has been playing for us and is a good player. Annoyingly that's probably the position that we need to replace least.

Unless Aberdeen are willing to give us Devlin, I think that's the best we can hope for. The likes of Gleeson and Main wont really add anything to our squad - one position that we're well covered in and I don't see Main striking up any kind of partnership with what we have at the club.

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was quite surprised the Redtv guys asked him that, he clearly didn't appreciate it but yeah he seems hopeful at the very least of something being done this month.

Yeah, definitely took Derek by surprise too.

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think any player would need to be either a centre back, a winger to replace Kennedy or a striker who's sufficiently different from May, Kane and Hendry.

McLennan is probably the one that stands out to me when looking at your squad. He plays the same position that Kennedy has been playing for us and is a good player. Annoyingly that's probably the position that we need to replace least.

Unless Aberdeen are willing to give us Devlin, I think that's the best we can hope for. The likes of Gleeson and Main wont really add anything to our squad - one position that we're well covered in and I don't see Main striking up any kind of partnership with what we have at the club.

Can't see Devlin going. If one of our centre halves gets injured then that leaves us short. Gleeson is a decent player but plays the role that McCann plays. Not much use for anything else. Same with Dean Campbell. 

Smells like an undisclosed fee to me.

EDIT: Campbell is a good player. Just meant similar to McCann. Not quite got the build to be playing a box to box role.

Edited by Merkland Red

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We really can't afford to be giving away a centre half to be honest.

... and we can't afford to be giving away our best attacking player to a team we have to play against this season when we're the lowest-scorers in the league. 

But we will, so agree it's looking like a fee deal sadly. 

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

... and we can't afford to be giving away our best attacking player to a team we have to play against this season when we're the lowest-scorers in the league. 

But we will, so agree it's looking like a fee deal sadly. 

Can't see it being anything else.

I've said a couple of times anyone we can afford to punt isn't good enough to make a material difference to your relegation fight.

Saints should take cash but get it done early so you can start replacing him. Or of course he just stays.