Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

No,it is not in the least funny.There was something strange about this from the start.He was a regular starter for his club and International side but his club did not seem to want him.First he went out on loan to a Finish club that was cut short and he was loaned out to us.A guy who has played regularly at international level(including appearances against Belgium and Greese) should be able to play at SPFL level..Maybe I'm reading too much into this but Tommy Wrights comments after he left were also intriguing "We knew we were taking a chance when we signed him" !?

Good luck to the guy 

That's a magnificent 3 points.  A game many of us had possibly written off, or would probably have been happy with a draw,  during a busy spell.

Hopefully everyone comes through that match unscathed. McCann went down awkwardly but seemed okay for the last 10 minutes, and a few others took knocks.

The other results fell kindly as well. 3 wins, 3 draws and 8 defeats in our last 14 matches should see us safe. Another win next Wednesday night and we should definitely start thinking about challenging for top 6.

Only saw second half, but thought McCart looked very assured and won a few good headers up against Cosgrove who is very awkward.

Lets cap a very good week with a cup win on Saturday, hopefully the players are up for it from the start with a big Saints support behind them.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Would love if we got a few more PCA done over next few weeks along with extensions to some other players.

Was not a fan of Ralston but he is starting to grow on me. Hopefully we try to entice him on a PCA as let's face it, he will not be resigned by Celtic.

I think he’s still got a couple of years left at Celtic. 

I’m not against signing him permanently. I just don’t like bringing in someone who’s in effect a development player and seeing none of the long term benefits of it. 

If Rooney is over the line though and with Duffy still under contract, I don’t know if we’ll be in for another right back. 

7 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Would love if we got a few more PCA done over next few weeks along with extensions to some other players.

Was not a fan of Ralston but he is starting to grow on me. Hopefully we try to entice him on a PCA as let's face it, he will not be resigned by Celtic.

Nope, not for me, he's a week link, Booth would do though.