Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

What do you think will be Tommy's approach over the next week? With our final league placing settled – and not much to play for elsewhere – could we give a few players (Macca, Wotherspoon, Anderson) an early break given we'll be back pre-season training within the month? Great chance to give some youngsters a run, something we haven't really had the luxury of for a few seasons.

Edited by Mr Heliums

4 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

What do you think will be Tommy's approach over the next week? With our final league placing settled – and not much to play for elsewhere – could we give a few players (Macca, Wotherspoon, Anderson) an early break given we'll be back pre-season training within the month? Great chance to give some youngsters a run, something we haven't really had the luxury of for a few seasons.

Possibly. But he wants to break 60 points.

The players are back on 10 June, the same day Paton and Mannus are likely to be in Azerbaijan with Northern Ireland, so you might imagine they could be given some time off now, otherwise they are only going to get seven days.

Thought I'd check to see if anyone was a booking away from a ban but they aren't. Did note though that from our team of hackers, defenders Shaughnessy, Easton and Scobbie have 3 bookings between them this season from 105 appearances.

There aren't really many youngsters at the stage of getting a game either. Gilchrist is back in the squad but is he up to 90 minutes? Does Greg Hurst deserve a chance? He's had very little in his path this season but hasn't managed to impress the manager enough to get an opportunity even on the occasions we've only had one striker available. Thomson aside, who else is there?

Getting 60 points would be nice but the manager plans the season so well that I imagine getting the right players rested/games will be the priority.

10 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Does Gilchrist exist? He or she just seems to be a name that pops up every so often.

The lesser seen Gilchrist was on the bench on Saturday. He was the one that kept getting skinned by Clive Smith at half time. :lol:

Edited by Kyle

It makes complete sense to play fringe players, and resting some of our more experienced players now so they have a better break before pre-season is a good shout.

As much as I love watching him play, is there any point in starting Danny now?  Thomson could probably do with a couple of starts to get his confidence up in his place.

In saying that, I think Tommy will keep playing him and our strongest side, we have a great record in post-split games the past few seasons and I'm sure he'll want to keep it going. I'm sure the radio said Celtic beating us the other week was the first post-split fixture we've lost for 3 years.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Cats well and truly out the bag now. The Sun are running the story that we're in for Stefan Scougall.

Now some bunch of cuntos like Hibs, Hearts or the Dingwall millionaires will swoop in.

:angry: