Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Since everyone was so keen to know the answer to the goalkeeper question:

Main, Mannus, Cuthbert, Clark, Rhodes, Hamilton, Enckelman, Smith, Balavage, McGregor, Halliwell, Robertson, Miller, Glennon, Samson, Nelson, Ferguson, McLean, Banks, Bell, Roy, Paston, Parish, Butter, Kennedy, McGovern, Tuffey.

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

Since everyone was so keen to know the answer to the goalkeeper question:

Main, Mannus, Cuthbert, Clark, Rhodes, Hamilton, Enckelman, Smith, Balavage, McGregor, Halliwell, Robertson, Miller, Glennon, Samson, Nelson, Ferguson, McLean, Banks, Bell, Roy, Paston, Parish, Butter, Kennedy, McGovern, Tuffey.

Recognise every name except Butter.

Tbf change the question to "name the St Johnstone first team players who have played in goals at McDiarmid", add (at least) two to your total, and pap that into a pub quiz.

Surely only utter diehard saddos would get 100%.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Radford said:

That's not true. I think I could get them all...

Has there been any other outfield players play in goal?

Two I had in mind were Tam Scobbie and then, probably slightly cheating, Murray Davidson. Feel like I've seen someone else do it but dont think that's right.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has there been any other outfield players play in goal?

Two I had in mind were Tam Scobbie and then, probably slightly cheating, Murray Davidson. Feel like I've seen someone else do it but dont think that's right.

Neil Janczyk went in goal at Dens about 15 years ago. Tommy Turner played in goal for most of the match when we lost 5-0 at home to Hearts in 1991. Don McVicar had to go in goal at Ibrox when Lindsay Hamilton got injured.

Hello lads! Just thought I'd shareΒ the second track from my upcoming debut album, Grey Hairs And Black Dogs (out on May 29th). This song is called Someone Like Me and it isΒ based on those extremely rare occasions at university when an attractive member of the opposite sex would show an interest in me and I'd convince myself that they must be going through a temporary period of insanity. Their attraction to me would be a real turn-off. There is nothing more unappealingΒ than bad taste.

Β https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-LhQfsp4M

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Jim Butter is a bit of a legend. He was still appearing on the bench for Montrose as recently as a few years ago when he was about 50.

Played once for Saints (since McDiarmid), away at Morton in the title season.

Went to Alloa after us I think, I have hazy memories of beating them 3-0 with Jim in goal (for them).

59 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Hello lads! Just thought I'd shareΒ the second track from my upcoming debut album, Grey Hairs And Black Dogs (out on May 29th). This song is called Someone Like Me and it isΒ based on those extremely rare occasions at university when an attractive member of the opposite sex would show an interest in me and I'd convince myself that they must be going through a temporary period of insanity. Their attraction to me would be a real turn-off. There is nothing more unappealingΒ than bad taste.

Fucking studentΒ c***s!

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

That should be the name of the song obviously.Β 

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

"I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have the likes of me as a member."

Handful of clubs have their season tickets on sale now for next season. Most of Saints staff are all furloughed and can't imagine the equipment they'll have at home will be able to deal with that properly but this potentially where having the ability to renew them online will come into its own and even more vital than ever the club do have it.Β 

Open it up for renewals/orders and once the staff can get back to work they can battle through the backlog.Β 

8 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Handful of clubs have their season tickets on sale now for next season. Most of Saints staff are all furloughed and can't imagine the equipment they'll have at home will be able to deal with that properly but this potentially where having the ability to renew them online will come into its own and even more vital than ever the club do have it.Β 

Open it up for renewals/orders and once the staff can get back to work they can battle through the backlog.Β 

They said, in the announcement about the youth development fund, they weren't willing to offer season tickets until they know exactly what the fans will be paying for.

Which is fair enough tbh, I know folk are desperate to "play their part", but if the club doesn't need our money just now then thats fine.

If this rumbles on, and it gets desperate in say October/November, then they simply put season tickets up for sale and get the income then I suppose.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They said, in the announcement about the youth development fund, they weren't willing to offer season tickets until they know exactly what the fans will be paying for.

Which is fair enough tbh, I know folk are desperate to "play their part", but if the club doesn't need our money just now then thats fine.

If this rumbles on, and it gets desperate in say October/November, then they simply put season tickets up for sale and get the income then I suppose.

That's the way it's already heading and the club seemingly think that as well.Β 

It works both ways as well. Saints offer renewal now at last season's price. Reconstruction happens, we all win as we're getting extra games for our money but by waiting then they can price accordingly.Β 

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Michael O’Neill has left his role as Northern Ireland manager...

More scared of this than coronavirus tbh.

On a lighter note...

Vine unplayable, Cregg scoring one of the best St Johnstone goals going, and Mehdi Abeid in a Saints top πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™