Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

25 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Could see him being hard to attract. Surely clubs like Wycombe, Peterborough, Coventry type clubs would be interested in him?

I'd imagine this, his wage demands, and the fact we maybe don't need another attacker if Conway has signed, means its highly unlikely.

Its fun to try and find players who might be of interest though.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd imagine this, his wage demands, and the fact we maybe don't need another attacker if Conway has signed, means its highly unlikely.

Its fun to try and find players who might be of interest though.

There will be players like him available after the window closes though. Like I mentioned before guys who've failed to get a deal down in England who'd usually be out our range but due to reduction on squad sizes some will miss out and have to settle for what the likes of Saints have to offer financially.

Absolutely nothing wrong with speculating. Looking into who's available will also give a tiny bit of perspective the kind of challenge it is for the likes of CD to identify signings. 

There is a week to go until the season starts and we still haven’t released our new kits yet.

[emoji58]

Just wait.
Tuesday midday - we’ll have Conway announced and he’ll be wearing the new home kit. Away kit will be modelled by someone else.

Thing is, even if we don’t have the new kit, all we simply do is register last seasons away kit as a “third” kit or not release a new away one and we just play in that.

It isn’t going to clash with anyone else, United are probably the closest and frankly bright yellow and blue against tangerine and black isn’t difficult.

35 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

There is a week to go until the season starts and we still haven’t released our new kits yet.

emoji58.png

I'm more sad about the fact it's a week to go and I can't be excited about next Saturday and looking forward to jumping on the bus/train to Dundee and that excitement as the teams come out 😭😂

19 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm more sad about the fact it's a week to go and I can't be excited about next Saturday and looking forward to jumping on the bus/train to Dundee and that excitement as the teams come out 😭😂

Just go through anyway, there's pubs showing the game. Let's be honest the day out is usually better than the game anyway. 

Thing is, even if we don’t have the new kit, all we simply do is register last seasons away kit as a “third” kit or not release a new away one and we just play in that.

It isn’t going to clash with anyone else, United are probably the closest and frankly bright yellow and blue against tangerine and black isn’t difficult.

That’s all very well but it doesn’t change the fact that it will be incredibly tinpot if Saints haven’t released new kit by next Saturday. Inexcusable. What is it with Saints and kits? They either release god awful designs made by utter jobbers or take an age to get their finger out their arse and actually release them. Or both!

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

That’s all very well but it doesn’t change the fact that it will be incredibly tinpot if Saints haven’t released new kit by next Saturday. Inexcusable. What is it with Saints and kits? They either release god awful designs made by utter jobbers or take an age to get their finger out their arse and actually release them. Or both!

Worth remembering, as far as i can see, that there's other clubs who have simply released an image of their kits and put them up for pre-order, and were still using last seasons strips in pre-season games yesterday.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth remembering, as far as i can see, that there's other clubs who have simply released an image of their kits and put them up for pre-order, and were still using last seasons strips in pre-season games yesterday.

Let's not upset Jamama  he might spill his shared mulled wine in temper.

2 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Can't wait for the posts come 445pm Saturday if we have lost....

It’ll be fine as long as we’ve got new strips. If not my advice would be stay away.

8 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

£17.50 PPV for home games. Basically the club seem to have gone for the average cost of a game for a season ticket. Seems a little steep for me.

Do they explain what happens to people who already pay for Saints TV?