Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

So the only news about Saints at the moment appears to be that Macca likes bowls.

The St Johnstone Banter twitter page reckon that Craig Thomson is an adequate replacement for Danny Swanson though, so there is that.

The St Johnstone Banter twitter page reckon that Craig Thomson is an adequate replacement for Danny Swanson though, so there is that.

Someone's just listed Thomson and Gordon alongside May and Clark as "proof" young players can easily cope with the top flight.

Staggering stuff.

Craig Beattie was considered to be a marquee signing or at least a bit of a coup. That worked out exceptionally well.

Was he? Most folk seemed to realise he was an utter crock

Was he? Most folk seemed to realise he was an utter crock

There was a lot of excitement when he signed. Or perhaps I'm just remembering my six month debate with "Mainstand" on WAP who insisted he was looking fantastic in training.

Tommy seemed to say that bringing in a left back was now a priority. Found that weird, given Tam was never a starting left back and Easton is arguably the best we've had in decades.

I've given Tommy a hallpass to moan about trivial shite. The man can do no wrong in my eyes.

6 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Tommy seemed to say that bringing in a left back was now a priority. Found that weird, given Tam was never a starting left back and Easton is arguably the best we've had in decades.

I've given Tommy a hallpass to moan about trivial shite. The man can do no wrong in my eyes.

It's only a priority because Easton's picked up an injury. 

2 minutes ago, LANG TOON SAINTIE said:

If Easton is injured for the first European game I can see Foster switching to the left and Watson playing right back 

Watson isn't fit either, or not fit enough to play supposedly.

Apparently he's been targeted to replace Coulson, which would be a clear upgrade in there. Averaged a goal or assist every 180 minutes for Cheltenham last season.

Honestly, I think I'd be happy with it. We've needed an actual left winger for a while, and if he is just taking the Coulson role of "back up/different option" I think we could do worse. He averages virtually a goal or assist every two games for Kilmarnock in the top flight aswell.