Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Saints need a squad option for out wide (especially left), it's probably the least important of the four positions that the manager wants to fill. Remembering the sort of player that Dayton was at Killie, he'd offer something different to the other midfielders at the club. An upgrade on Coulson I'd wager.

Apparently he's been targeted to replace Coulson, which would be a clear upgrade in there. Averaged a goal or assist every 180 minutes for Cheltenham last season.

Honestly, I think I'd be happy with it. We've needed an actual left winger for a while, and if he is just taking the Coulson role of "back up/different option" I think we could do worse. He averages virtually a goal or assist every two games for Kilmarnock in the top flight aswell.

I liked him at Killie and I'd be happy to have him as a straight replacement for Coulson in the squad. It would be a bit disheartening if he was been looked as the Swanson replacement.

I liked him at Killie and I'd be happy to have him as a straight replacement for Coulson in the squad. It would be a bit disheartening if he was been looked as the Swanson replacement.

I imagine we've still got an offer in for Scougall, who seems to be on holiday on Dubai, who would be the Swanson replacement. Think TW mentioned the other day he wanted a winger and a more creative player aswell, which hints this is the winger we've been looking at.

Robert Thomson says we're hoping to tie up Scougall before the European deadline. I'd be pretty delighted with Scougall and Dayton. 

Them two and Brian Graham. What dreams are made of.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Them two and Brian Graham. What dreams are made of.

If that's our shree signing, I'm actually quite happy. Scougall makes jobbers like Dayton (who was excellent with Kilmarnock - turned down a 3 year deal to sign for Oldham) and Graham acceptable IMO. Still got that mystery left sided defender to come as well. Jobber number 3 no doubt. I'm sticking with my original guess at Paul Dixon.

If that's our shree signing, I'm actually quite happy. Scougall makes jobbers like Dayton (who was excellent with Kilmarnock - turned down a 3 year deal to sign for Oldham) and Graham acceptable IMO. Still got that mystery left sided defender to come as well. Jobber number 3 no doubt. I'm sticking with my original guess at Paul Dixon.

Carl Tremarco is my guess

Is he not under contract? I'd certainly take him over Dixon.

Probably yeah, a sad day when youre actively hoping to be paying money for someone called Carl.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Probably yeah, a sad day when youre actively hoping to be paying money for someone called Carl.

We all managed to get over the fear of a man called Clive. Carl is the next logical step.

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

As they say, even a broken clock is bang on twice a day.

No, it's easy to discount your ramblings(except your family receiving some of Mr McDairmids kindness, i believe that) as between you and NDD you just can't help shooting yer mouths off.