Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I see Saints have released George Hunter.

what do Saints fans think went wrong with him. I remember at the time reading that Saints faced quite a bit of competition for his signature from spartans and he was tipped to go far in the game.

think maybe wrong that he is only about 20 so guess there's still time

33 minutes ago, third lanark said:

what do Saints fans think went wrong with him. I remember at the time reading that Saints faced quite a bit of competition for his signature from spartans and he was tipped to go far in the game.

From what has been said by so called ITK folk, his attitude is questionable. Whether that's true or not I don't know or really give a f**k because he was pretty pish most times I had seen him.

36 minutes ago, third lanark said:

He just isn't good enough unfortunately. We went all of last season with 3 senior strikers, only two available for decent chunks, and he got nowhere near the side despite being in the first team pool. He didn't set the heather alight out on loan either. 

Says he's wanting a replacement. Sounded like Coulson is gone as well, but "it's not been finalised" apparently. Wonder if that means a mutual termination or transfer away?

TWs wishlist is now an experienced defender capable of playing left back, a creative attacking player and a striker. Be nice if we could get some form of movement there. Perthsaint1977 mentioned a striker earlier, while we'll likely wait for Scougall to reject us next month then scramble about for another option. No idea where we'll find a defender, but we've a good habit of turning average ones solid.

Says he's wanting a replacement. Sounded like Coulson is gone as well, but "it's not been finalised" apparently. Wonder if that means a mutual termination or transfer away?

TWs wishlist is now an experienced defender capable of playing left back, a creative attacking player and a striker. Be nice if we could get some form of movement there. Perthsaint1977 mentioned a striker earlier, while we'll likely wait for Scougall to reject us next month then scramble about for another option. No idea where we'll find a defender, but we've a good habit of turning average ones solid.

Scott Allan would've been perfect for you guys. Pity......

Scott Allan would've been perfect for you guys. Pity......

I'm not sure he would. It's nice to see you so excited about a signing though.

Wonder what the top 5 Dundee moments of the last decade are?

1. Relegating United
2. St Johnstone winning the Scottish Cup
3. Having a friendly v Crystal Palace
4. Finishing in the top half that one time

Can't think of a fifth, so signing Scott Allan must be a strong contender

29 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

So Tam leaving means that Tommy wants to bring in an experienced left back apparently.

Don't agree with him on this. Foster can play left back (something I'm sure TW acknowledged when he signed him after releasing McKay) and having him and Easton isn't leaving ourselves short. I understand he's disappointed at losing Scobbie (although can't help but feel he's embellishing things a bit - Scobbie was the last player offered a deal I'd guess) but is he just trying to play politics here after not getting anyone in yet?

I'm not sure he would. It's nice to see you so excited about a signing though.

Wonder what the top 5 Dundee moments of the last decade are?

1. Relegating United
2. St Johnstone winning the Scottish Cup
3. Having a friendly v Crystal Palace
4. Finishing in the top half that one time

Can't think of a fifth, so signing Scott Allan must be a strong contender

Interesting

Don't agree with him on this. Foster can play left back (something I'm sure TW acknowledged when he signed him after releasing McKay) and having him and Easton isn't leaving ourselves short. I understand he's disappointed at losing Scobbie (although can't help but feel he's embellishing things a bit - Scobbie was the last player offered a deal I'd guess) but is he just trying to play politics here after not getting anyone in yet?

I think his problem is he wants rid of Watson. If Eastons injured, and Foster plays left back, who plays right back? Comrie? Or Shaughnessy?

Then who plays centre half when Joe plays right back? Gordon, Gilchrist or Kerr?

I know people say they need to be given a chance, but we've no idea if Kerrs up to it, same with Comrie and Gordon who have barely played in either of the top two divisions. Gilchrist is a perma-crock as well.

5 minutes ago, Radford said:

I've given up trying to fathom our transfer policy tbh.

Don't want to come over all WAP but our most promising young players are defenders.

Up front and someone creative is the priority and Scobbie leaving shouldn't change that.

7 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Up front and someone creative is the priority and Scobbie leaving shouldn't change that.

I'm not even convinced he intended keeping Scobbie a few months ago. Before Anderson's injury, he'd started 5 league games. He finished the season well but the manager is hamming this up for whatever reason IMO.

If he signs a left back then starts moaning about budgets...