Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

So pessimistic.

I could list a number of these lads that have come in under Lomas and Wright. Some (e.g. Maddison) have had success elsewhere but none have come close to making an impact in Perth.

Joyce, Adarabioyo, Fortnam-Tomlinson, Davies, McCawl, Kitchen, plus others I've undoubtedly forgotten.

Maybe McClean will buck the trend. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Edited by Radford

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

I could list a number of these lads that have come in under Lomas and Wright. Some (e.g. Maddison) have had success elsewhere but none have come close to making an impact in Perth.

Joyce, Adarabioyo, Fortnam-Tomlinson, Davies, McCawl, Kitchen, plus others I've undoubtedly forgotten.

Maybe McClean will buck the trend. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Weirdly Adarabioyo got a move to NAC Breda and seems to get the occasional game, not sure if they were eredivisie and got relegated or lost out in the promotion play offs, but still a reasonable standard

We've got exactly what we were hoping for. A player from a top, top European club (in the late 1970s).

I still class PSG as a top European club but knock yourself out TRS. Least my info pretty much spot on every time I post it unlike some of other fans.....

6 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

I still class PSG as a top European club but knock yourself out TRS. Least my info pretty much spot on every time I post it unlike some of other fans.....

Don't believe you.

Proove it.

I post shite solely to try and goad you into revealing the truth

18 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

That wasn't meant to be a dig at you, mate. Didn't intend to cause any offence. We all appreciate your info. :wub:

Wotherspoon is not on Canada's provisional 40-man roster for the Gold Cup. Also Alphonso Davies (who is left-footed, but plays on the right for his club) passed his citizenship test this morning and is flying out to join the team. It seems unlikely Wotherspoon is going to be involved any time soon.

Thanks for the reply about the Europa League. It's incredible how early it starts.

cheers, matthew

Wotherspoon is not on Canada's provisional 40-man roster for the Gold Cup. Also Alphonso Davies (who is left-footed, but plays on the right for his club) passed his citizenship test this morning and is flying out to join the team. It seems unlikely Wotherspoon is going to be involved any time soon.
Thanks for the reply about the Europa League. It's incredible how early it starts.
cheers, matthew

No as his paperwork went to the wrong embassy and it all has to be redone. Factor in he has just become a father again ( yesterday ) he probably wouldn't have went. It's happening just taking time.

Graham Gartland lads. What was he like as a player firstly? And what was his personality like? Did he strike you as a potential 'yes man'?

Apparently he's the leading candidate to be our assistant manager.

Graham Gartland lads. What was he like as a player firstly? And what was his personality like? Did he strike you as a potential 'yes man'?

Wasn't much of a player but I'm pretty sure he was well liked in the dressing room. I follow him on twitter and he still keeps in touch with a lot of his old teammates. Also he is a bit of a hard b*****d

Dunno about his assistant manager credentials but he's a lovely guy. 

On my 21st birthday a friend of mine arranged through the club for a player to phone me and wish me a happy birthday. That player was Graham Gartland and he spoke to me for ages. A lovely thing for him to do. 

58 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He fucking hates the Dee mate, if he does go there it'll be to rape you of cash and he'll likely still be your best defender.

Unofficial Twitter has us linked with Connor Maloney, a 22yo CM released from Middlesbrough.

While the FM player in me is enjoying us signing youngsters from English sides, and I can see the logic in bringing younger players in to supplement the "ageing" squad, I'm not overly convinced it works in the real world.