Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 hours ago, juneof86 said:

For a friendly it doesn't matter at all. Official matches get more complicated depending on your situation. Immigrants generally do need a passport and citizenship. And after Qatar gave citizenship to every Brazilian in their league, FIFA mandates a residency requirement now too. But for players who qualify through their parents or grandparents, I don't believe they need an actual passport to play (I could be wrong). 

Well I wouldn't have thought he could get one – he doesn't fulfil Canadian residency requirements.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mark Reynolds, who can't hold down a starting place at Aberdeen, being selected ahead of Steven Anderson, who is widely considered the best Scottish centre half in the country. Thats not including the fact Murray Davidson and Michael O'Halloran were both red hot, and exactly what Scotland needed at those times, and couldn't get a shot.

There's lots of reasons to raise eyebrows at Mark Reynolds being picked for a squad, but Steven Anderson isn't one of them. I wouldn't sleep between now and 10 June if Ando was in the squad. And to be fair, Murray Davidson did get one shot and O'Halloran's hot period lasted three months. I don't think we can seriously suggest bias there.

But going back further, plenty of evidence: the way Callum Davidson and John O'Neil were selected almost immediately after leaving Saints; or Alan Main in his prime never getting a sniff of a cap.

Edited by Mr Heliums

12 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

There's lots of reasons to raise eyebrows at Mark Reynolds being picked for a squad, but Steven Anderson isn't one of them. I wouldn't sleep between now and 10 June if Ando was in the squad. And to be fair, Murray Davidson did get one shot and O'Halloran's hot period lasted three months. I don't think we can seriously suggest bias there.

But going back further, plenty of evidence: the way Callum Davidson and John O'Neil were selected almost immediately after leaving Saints; or Alan Main in his prime never getting a sniff of a cap.

Im suggesting they all played well enough to be playing, but theres a sense of frustration when they're outperforming players in the same league but still get ignored. Clark being ignored despite outperforming Hamilton, is another example

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im suggesting they all played well enough to be playing, but theres a sense of frustration when they're outperforming players in the same league but still get ignored. Clark being ignored despite outperforming Hamilton, is another example

Yeah. I don't understand how Hamilton  is chosen ahead of Clark.

27 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Yeah. I don't understand how Hamilton  is chosen ahead of Clark.

Quite easy to understand really. Hamilton has been through the age groups and they see him as a future Scotland international.

That and Strachan is an idiotic wee scroat of a human who should be nowhere near the job he's in, the fucking c**t that he is.

Mental we couldn't beat Canada when they're considering calling up David Wotherspoon. 

Anyway, has everyone seen that thread on WAP where the boy has made the spreadsheet of all the possible European opponents in the first round? Exciting times, I reckon I'd go to most other than maybe Finland.

Just now, Fifespud said:

No. It's another quite incredible effort.

f**k sakes Spud that was weeks ago.

While your here and since your club needs a new manager and players, do you think ours are better than what you have/had ?

How many of the Saints players would realistically get a game for Dundee?

:lol: you boys are Puddin.

f**k sakes Spud that was weeks ago.
While your here and since your club needs a new manager and players, do you think ours are better than what you have/had ?
How many of the Saints players would realistically get a game for Dundee?
:lol: you boys are Puddin.

I have so little interest I have no idea who plays for you chaps. Stevie May perhaps or Guõmundur Torfason?

Not yet. All of the talk today was about Ballou Tabla declining a call-up again, Hutchinson taking an international hiatus and a few other players who weren't called. I don't think most people have heard of Wotherspoon or are aware he is eligible for us. I didn't read anything about the status of Bryan Cristante from Atalanta and I know the new manager flew to Italy a few weeks ago to talk to him.
We have to name a 40-man provisional roster for the Gold Cup fairly soon and that often has some a few names that are more wishful thinking than reality (Fraser Aird was on one of those 40-man rosters a couple of years before he decided to come back to Canada after getting youth caps with Scotland). So I think it will be telling whether Wotherspoon is on that preliminary roster at all.
cheers, matthew

Is Haber called up?

On 01/06/2017 at 07:41, RandomGuy. said:

Being better than Hamilton shouldn't be acceptable criteria for being in a Scotland squad. Atm neither are good enough imo. Clark is the better keeper and his time will come, just not now.

Being better than Hamilton shouldn't be acceptable criteria for being in a Scotland squad. Atm neither are good enough imo. Clark is the better keeper and his time will come, just not now.

Not that he'd get a game, but I don't think it would hurt him getting called up.

A boost to confidence, and an extra motivator to keep improving imo.

Wright's chat about not needing another striker because of Kane suddenly being the new May is a bit concerning. Regardless if there's an improvement in Kane or not, another striker is a must.

12 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Wright's chat about not needing another striker because of Kane suddenly being the new May is a bit concerning. Regardless if there's an improvement in Kane or not, another striker is a must.

Agree completely. It seems pretty obvious that we have very little depth up front.

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

Just re-sign the current Stevie May to play along-side him and ll will be fine