Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

In all seriousness we were horrific to watch at homes the majority of last season , we have lost the one player who was a bit exciting to watch in Swanson. I see most days I see a post on the clubs facebook about buying a season ticket, where is the actual incentive to do this if this is the type of player we will be signing

The manager has made a rod for his own back here with his comment about wanting "to go and try and attract a couple of jewels in the crown" a few months ago. Fans are pinning their hopes on those words especially with Swanson gone.

I doubt a single supporter had heard of Kyle McClean and it's now hard to be excited about a potential signing whose name the fans can't even remember when posting about him.

Upon Googling Mahogany, theres newspaper reports of him in games, where he struggled against a physical opponent but put in plenty of effort, and that Rotherham made an approach for him in January, same report says Karanka had him in numerous first team squads.

Motherwell manager saying they've signed a midfielder who's on holiday and returning next Tuesday.

Scougall went on a week long break to Dubai on Monday...

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Motherwell manager saying they've signed a midfielder who's on holiday and returning next Tuesday.

Scougall went on a week long break to Dubai on Monday...

Listening back to his interview that the club put up on their YouTube the other day Robinson was clear in stating it was an attacking midfielder we've agreed a deal for rather than just a midfielder (we've got a ton of them tbh) so make of that what you will.

In truth I'd imagine that there are quite a few footballers who are on holiday at the moment, not just Scougall.

The manager has made a rod for his own back here with his comment about wanting "to go and try and attract a couple of jewels in the crown" a few months ago. Fans are pinning their hopes on those words especially with Swanson gone.
I doubt a single supporter had heard of Kyle McClean and it's now hard to be excited about a potential signing whose name the fans can't even remember when posting about him.

So BawbagGuy is "The fans " now?

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

While the FM player in me is enjoying us signing youngsters from English sides, and I can see the logic in bringing younger players in to supplement the "ageing" squad, I'm not overly convinced it works in the real world.

Worked reasonably well with O'Halloran, though he was 23 I think when he signed.

In all seriousness we were horrific to watch at homes the majority of last season , we have lost the one player who was a bit exciting to watch in Swanson. I see most days I see a post on the clubs facebook about buying a season ticket, where is the actual incentive to do this if this is the type of player we will be signing

I don't need an incentive to buy a season ticket in terms of who we are signing. I'm a Saints fan so will buy one anyway.

Worked reasonably well with O'Halloran, though he was 23 I think when he signed.

Yup. Be interested to see what sort of percentage of players in that sort of agreement range (20-23), who've been reserves down there with minimal senior game, go on to have decent careers.

I'd also be wary of loading the squad with them.

Based on nothing id expect Maroney to be decent, as he seems to be a players who's made some form of impact down there in the youth league. The other winger guy stinks of someone who'll disappear next summer.