Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

We're being mentioned constantly in relation with Fraser Fyvie, only by Hibs fans, and one Aberdeen fan, and not by any journalist/recognised source.

Can't see us going for a CM, but then again, Millar and Muzz are fairly unreliable options.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're being mentioned constantly in relation with Fraser Fyvie, only by Hibs fans, and one Aberdeen fan, and not by any journalist/recognised source.

Can't see us going for a CM, but then again, Millar and Muzz are fairly unreliable options.

Have you got a link to this?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a central midfielder was the third player that Wright wanted.

31 minutes ago, Radford said:

Have you got a link to this?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a central midfielder was the third player that Wright wanted.

Would you believe me if I said I cannot find any of it? I'm sure we were mentioned on hibs.net a month or so ago in relation to him, when there was chat he'd been told he would be behind Bartley, McGinn, Henderson, Commons and Allan next season (proper fans chat, which is why I tried to emphasise how unreliable it was), alongside Aberdeen. Went to the Aberdeen forum and they'd mentioned Fyvie and someone else mentioned us and Motherwell. It was then brought up again on Twitter by someone when they got linked with Sercombe, and today I was talking to a Hibs fan who said Fyvie was off because he wants to be first choice.

I'm fairly sure I've not imagined it, but I can't refind any of it :unsure2:

This is one of the chats on Twitter about Fyvie. As I say, its nothing substantial just multiple people seem to have mentioned us when talking about Fyvie, to the point where it makes you wonder. 

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is one of the chats on Twitter about Fyvie. As I say, its nothing substantial just multiple people seem to have mentioned us when talking about Fyvie, to the point where it makes you wonder. 

ezgif-1-ece97f369c.gif.6c8065178c3f83d4a64dcf3e5eeba33a.gif

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I thought you had thrown a hissy and quit?

I said I no longer enjoyed posting so stopped posting. Transfer rumours tho.

20 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Can anyone remember what close season was like before RandomGuy?

They were the best of times and the worst of times.

Wouldn't be shocked to see us go for Fyvie. Suspect he'll stay at hibs if he has that option though.

It seems possible that David Wotherspoon may get a look this summer from Canada (if he's interested). I was wondering if you could enlighten me on his game. I know he's primarily a wide player on the right, can he play right back? Strengths/weaknesses? I only saw St. Johnstone once this season and had no idea he was eligible at the time. 

cheers, matthew

Yeah, it was mentioned a couple of months ago that the Canada thing could materialise because his mother (I think) was born there.

He's quite a hard player to describe, as he can be very up and down. When he's in the groove and full of confidence, he can be a really good player to watch but equally can be really frustrating when things aren't going his way. His natural position, in my eyes anyway, is the right of midfield but he can also play off the left and has played centrally and at right back for Saints. He's definitely strongest as a wide midfielder though.

He doesn't have much pace but is a skillful player and will look to get involved in play, rather than just hugging the touchline as so wide midfielders do. His goal threat comes and goes (e.g. he only scored twice this season but 9 times last season) but he has a decent strike on him.

This is off the left but shows what he's capable of when he sets up the striker to score.

When do Canada next meet up for a game, is it the Gold Cup? Saints play in Europe at the end of June and are actually back training at the end of next week!

22 minutes ago, Radford said:

When do Canada next meet up for a game, is it the Gold Cup? Saints play in Europe at the end of June and are actually back training at the end of next week!

Thanks for that Radford. We have Curaçao in Montreal on June 13. It's the first full match in charge for the new manager, so we're expecting a big squad for the camp so he can have a look at players before the Gold Cup.

Our right side has been poor in recent years and we haven't had a right back worth speaking of since Stalteri retired. But I'm expecting a change to a 4-2-3-1 which brings options for more central players to come into the side and maybe less of a need for out-and-out wide players. We have a couple of really talented youngsters (one of whom may end up playing for Ivory Coast) that can play on the right side, but we can use all of the help and depth we can get. And given his age and his experience I would love to see what Wotherspoon can offer in the short term at least. 

cheers, matthew

Aberdeen and Hearts are the other two clubs, along with us and Motherwell, being rumoured as talking to Scougall.