Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Magic signing, well done Saints!

I'm not massively fussed about who the left back is as it's likely to just be cover for Easton. So if it's Dixon or another journeyman with experience then so be it.

Wide player and a striker hopefully still to come. Brian Graham doesn't exactly get you swinging from the rafters, but he will get goals in this league and is an improvement on our current options. You also have to weigh up what proven goalscorers are out there that we can afford? So yes I'd probably take him.

.. as long as the wide player turns out to be Michael O'Halloran... :thumsup2

22 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Brian Graham doesn't exactly get you swinging from the rafters, but he will get goals in this league and is an improvement on our current options.

He'd be a replacement for MacLean, though, who most people would see as our first-pick striker. So it wouldn't improve our options that much – he only scored goals for us when MacLean was out if I remember.

Edited by Mr Heliums

He'd be a replacement for MacLean, though, who most people would see as our first-pick striker. So it wouldn't improve our options that much – he only scored goals for us when MacLean was out if I remember.

How would he be a maclean replacement?

Good signing along with Alston last season. Getting away from the tag of signing journey men now.

Clark, Shaughnessy, Alston and Scougall. The beginnings of a good young team. If Jason Kerr could live up to his potential then add him in. And if Kane can step up then that's six under 25s.

Nice to see TW is planning for the future, something we've been guilty of neglecting in the past.

If we didn't have Kane or particularly Cummins, I'd be content with Brian Graham but whilst I'd be striving for better than, the minimum requirement is surely someone a bit different. Graham is too similar to Cummins IMO. Famous last words but I can't see anything imminent happening with a striker, that's the one that TW can take his time over, although we probably said the same last season.

Glad the Scougall deal is finalised, even if the odds have looked decent for a good few weeks now. High hopes that he can fill the void left by Swanson.

18 minutes ago, Radford said:

If we didn't have Kane or particularly Cummins, I'd be content with Brian Graham but whilst I'd be striving for better than, the minimum requirement is surely someone a bit different. Graham is too similar to Cummins IMO. 

If Cummins re-found the form of the first few months he was with us then I'd agree. I think he only got 4 league goals last season, and Kane got 5.  

Without Swanson, I'd like to see someone brought in who will get around 10 a season to share the load with Macca. I think Graham would offer more goals than Kane or Cummins, so would be an improvement in that respect.

I agree he's possibly not some thrilling signing we're all hoping for, but i don't know who we realistically could get.

My first choice would be to see us pull some thrilling foreign player out of nowhere who scores 30 this season then gets sold for £10m.  :)

Blades fans I know Spud are a bit disappointed in loosing him to be honest most reckon he was the best player they had seen for a few years down there before he seemed to get unsettled about something and went a bit of the boil,
My son in law for my sins, is Celtic fan and he says that Scot Allan is a " Fat lazy useless cuntto " Bit harsh IMOP but he has seen him more than me lately to be fair,    

The Blades fans I know say John Fleck is miles and miles better than Scougall who, sadly for him, is just too small.

I can't see how Celtic fans can really comment on Scott Allan who like Christie found it impossible to break into Scotland's best team by a country mile (thought you guys would know what that is). The Hibs fans, who saw him week in week out think SA is fucking magic however.