Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It would be a kick in the teeth if we signed a centre back or a right back, but none of the young guys in or around the team are particularly comfortable at left back. Gilchrist at a push, but for me he's the least likely to make the grade at Saints. The longer I think about it, the more I realise what a loss Scobbie is to the balance and unity in the squad. 

Would Bob Harris be a shout for left back? Released by Bristol Rovers, who finished 10th in League One. Working off what is being said, doesn't have any top flight experience in Scotland.

I mentioned him yesterday and got told it wasn't him

We were forced to play Hendry and Lindsay due to our 1st choice CBs being injured etc. Worked out well in the end. I suspect you will have a decent LB/LWB in your youth setup that given the chance, will work out more than fine. 

#GiveYouthAChance

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

who is this left back from the championship he is targeting , going through the sides there seems to be 

paddy boyle - relegated with Ayr 

Mark docherty - dumbarton

Paul Dixon or Sean Dillon - but they do have top flight experience

Jason Talbot - Dunfermline

Luke Leahy would have been decent but signed for walsall, peter grant is left footed but under contract and not a left back

Mark russell or Thomas o'ware from morton, but pretty sure both under contract

Jordan Marshall from QOTS, and chris higgins has been released but surely not him

Kevin McHattie from Raith but he has top flight experience

Or Adam Eckersley from St Mirren , who in fairness was on Man utd's books, and has 100 odd games in denmark so might actually be suited for europe, 

Going by that it's Brechin City's left back, whoever that is?

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Going by that it's Brechin City's left back, whoever that is?

Its Willie Dyer, who was in our youth system about ten years ago,..

i mean i suppose it would still " technically " be giving a chance to someone from our youth system ...

who is this left back from the championship he is targeting , going through the sides there seems to be 
paddy boyle - relegated with Ayr 
Mark docherty - dumbarton
Paul Dixon or Sean Dillon - but they do have top flight experience
Jason Talbot - Dunfermline
Luke Leahy would have been decent but signed for walsall, peter grant is left footed but under contract and not a left back
Mark russell or Thomas o'ware from morton, but pretty sure both under contract
Jordan Marshall from QOTS, and chris higgins has been released but surely not him
Kevin McHattie from Raith but he has top flight experience
Or Adam Eckersley from St Mirren , who in fairness was on Man utd's books, and has 100 odd games in denmark so might actually be suited for europe, 

Mark Docherty was released by us about 6 weeks back, and is now with East Fife....Think you can count him put...if you ever really counted him in.

Michael Smith, an experienced full back who can cover both positions, and who is being allowed to leave Peterborough for free, was subject of an approach from a Scottish Premiership team yesterday, it seems. Another name to throw into the mix maybe?

He's also Northern Irish. Seems to have played a fair bit in League One for them last season, but according to the Peterborough chairman, it's only a Scottish side and Coventry who have made a move for him.

Local paper has him as right back

Yup. Transfermarkt says he played left back a fair few times a few seasons back, and once at centre half. A bit of a stretch to call him a left back, but hes definitely played there before.

Michael Smith, an experienced full back who can cover both positions, and who is being allowed to leave Peterborough for free, was subject of an approach from a Scottish Premiership team yesterday, it seems. Another name to throw into the mix maybe?

He's also Northern Irish. Seems to have played a fair bit in League One for them last season, but according to the Peterborough chairman, it's only a Scottish side and Coventry who have made a move for him.

He's about 5'2''

At least it will make Stefan seem bigger [emoji16]

He's about 5'2''

At least it will make Stefan seem bigger [emoji16]

I wouldn't throw stones in this case Spud, as I wouldn't rule it out being us that's after him!

Apparently we've taken former LB for Port Vale Scott Tanser on trial.

How tall is he Fifespud?

Port Vale Forum rates him as one of the worst players they've ever had..