Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

was it not brad mckay and scobbie who decided to just let the guy have a free run on goal rather than make any attempt to attack the long ball through the middle ? I still cant believe ando only got a yellow for brutally attacking the alashkert's elbow with his cheekbone 

That remains just about the worst decision I've ever seen. Anderson was out for weeks after that and left the park with a lump the size of an egg on his cheek - and was booked as he went off. Absolutely mental.

was it not brad mckay and scobbie who decided to just let the guy have a free run on goal rather than make any attempt to attack the long ball through the middle ? I still cant believe ando only got a yellow for brutally attacking the alashkert's elbow with his cheekbone 

Fairly sure Brad McKay was playing as a left winger when the long ball got punted forward, for some reason only he'll understand. Scobbie decided to let the ball bounce while Mannus spent too long deciding whether or not to come for it.

That's my memory of it.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Fairly sure Brad McKay was playing as a left winger when the long ball got punted forward, for some reason only he'll understand. Scobbie decided to let the ball bounce while Mannus spent too long deciding whether or not to come for it.

That's my memory of it.

That's roughly what happened, McKay shouldn't have been out of position but Scobbie was most at fault for letting the ball bounce. Gary the ghost had a great knack of passing back and putting the striker clean in on goal, as against Rosenborg.

On the plus side we won't have any of them near a European game ever again.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

That's roughly what happened, McKay shouldn't have been out of position but Scobbie was most at fault for letting the ball bounce. Gary the ghost had a great knack of passing back and putting the striker clean in on goal, as against Rosenborg.

On the plus side we won't have any of them near a European game ever again.

Looking back on it, and its horrific. Worth remembering they were down to ten men, and we weren't even heading out, yet still McKay decided to take a huge gamble and stay up the park.

Also Scott Brown seemed to feature a lot.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking back on it, and its horrific. Worth remembering they were down to ten men, and we weren't even heading out, yet still McKay decided to take a huge gamble and stay up the park.

Also Scott Brown seemed to feature a lot.

Brown didnt have a great game, but also the night it was obvious liam caddis would never make it, we had one fit midfielder, tam scobbie started in midfield and still caddis coudnt get a start

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

Brown didnt have a great game, but also the night it was obvious liam caddis would never make it, we had one fit midfielder, tam scobbie started in midfield and still caddis coudnt get a start

Aye. Kane on the left wing was my highlight. Him, Macca, MOH and Sutton all on the pitch at the same time.

Re Scobbie.I may be completely wrong here but here's my (conspiracy)theory.Broon has invested a great deal of money in the youth set up and wants to see a return with young players coming through.TW wants Tam to stay but Broon knows that if he does TW will play him ahead of the three young central defenders .Broon wants Tam out and then sign a player to cover left back only .To placate TW Broon makes a derisory offer knowing that Tam will not accept it.Broon can then say "I offered him a deal and he turned it down".

Edited by LANG TOON SAINTIE

I think you're roughly right with that. I don't think he bargained on Tam coming back with a counter off of a 15% pay cut though, and he's made himself look a bit unprofessional in the process by waiting 2 weeks before getting back to him. After all that as well, Steve will have to fork out on another left back as it's clear Tommy is pissed off with all that's happened here.

I honestly don't know how we're going to keep all of our midfielders happy this season. We've got so many options in those positions, and we're still looking to bring in a left winger. Even if we have a midfield 5, there's loads of options going spare.

Davidson Millar

Alston Scougall Wotherspoon

That leaves Thomson, Paton, Craig, McClean and the new left winger all out of the team. Steve Brown is going to have kittens with all the players we have sitting in the stands.

Edited by Kyle

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I honestly don't know how we're going to keep all of our midfielders happy this season. We've got so many options in those positions, and we're still looking to bring in a left winger. Even if we have a midfield 5, there's loads of options going spare.

Davidson Millar

Alston Scougall Wotherspoon

That leaves Thomson, Paton, Craig, McClean and the new left winger all out of the team. Steve Brown is going to have kittens with all the players we have sitting in the stands.

Isn't that just one more than last season though?

Take out Swanson and Coulson but add Scougall, McLean and L winger.  McLean is a gamble with nothing to lose for me, as long as his wages are not too big. He'll likely not feature very often as we tend to prefer experience over youth. If he regularly plays it will mean he is outstanding for us!

Thomson will either start with a bang or get loaned out again I'd expect.

The other thing is our unnerving ability to start a season with a few players injured. Could be even worse this year with such a short break following the end of last season.

Just guesswork from the photos, but it looks like Gilchrist maybe played left back, unless it's the trialist? Not sure what he looks like though.

Unofficial Twitter saying MacLean, Craig and Cummins scored

So has anybody really handed back a season ticket over the Scobbie stuff? Or is it just keyboard warriors on Facebook?

Just Facebook stuff, headed by someone who's bitter his son wasn't picked up by Saints.