Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If it's who has been mentioned to me then it's not Paul Dixon or Bob Harris. Is a championship player though but will see if it materialises

Is it an outright left back or can they play centres half too? Ideally we'd get the same as Tam, but I struggle to think of anyone who'll be similar

Top four club and the prospect of playing in Europe were probably  big factors..Success breeds success..I doubt if someone of his calibre would have signed for the likes  bottom six shit such as  Hamilton or Dundee for instance 

Edited by LANG TOON SAINTIE

We're desperate to sign an experienced left back before Monday, the options are pretty slim, so a left back who's played at our level regularly over the years, would be free and is available quickly is probably the best option. Especially since he'd likely be happy to sit behind Easton in the pecking order

You can have Stevie Smith if you like, I'd even drive him to Perth myself [emoji106]

what's the story with this Scougall guy you are all getting a bricker about then? never heard of him and I take it nobody else made a move? And why did Sheff Utd let him go?

Turned out he was just too small to make it at a promotion chasing 3rd division English club. They had to loan him out to some Mickey Mouse outfit.

He's brilliant according to these paps though.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Turned out he was just too small to make it at a promotion chasing 3rd division English club. They had to loan him out to some Mickey Mouse outfit.

We are just trying to put a positive spin on it, we arent big enough to sign someone who could only manage 4 starts for one of the worst championship sides of all time and were relegated in early April

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Haha! You are height obsessed!

Did a wee boy steal your sweeties at school? Still bitter??

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

But Saints are also a Mickey Mouse outfit!We know our place.How many cup finals have you seen your team play in? I've seen my team play in 3, winning one,what about you? 

But Saints are also a Mickey Mouse outfit!We know our place.How many cup finals have you seen your team play in? I've seen my team play in 3, winning one,what about you? 

3, winning 1.

That's a fail bud.

(That's not including B and Q jobbers before you ask)

Unofficial Twitter quoting TW as blaming Steve Brown for losing Scobbie. Claiming Scobbie was willing to take a paycut to stay but Brown wanted him off the books.

I still struggle to feel too much sympathy for TW in these situations tbh, he signs a raft of shite constantly. Maybe if we'd only given Watson and Coulson one year deals we wouldn't be stuck with them, and the wages would've been there to keep Scobbie.