Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

51 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree, I wouldn't see him as replacing Macca, more to play alongside 

But he's a similar of player in my book. MacLean and Graham playing alongside each other would be comically immobile. And I don't think that's just my opinion: I can't recall them playing together much last time around – or at least not forming any sort of partnership.

Spud don't put yourself through the agony. How many Dundee players, including your new signings, would realistically get a game for Saints? I'd wager none, diddly, f**k all. Scott Allan is a poor man's Chris Millar and he won't even get 20 games for us next season. Just accept your teams Puddin. Thanks, now off you pop. 

The Blades fans I know say John Fleck is miles and miles better than Scougall who, sadly for him, is just too small.

I can't see how Celtic fans can really comment on Scott Allan who like Christie found it impossible to break into Scotland's best team by a country mile (thought you guys would know what that is). The Hibs fans, who saw him week in week out think SA is fucking magic however.

He's the same height as Swanson. This "trolling", about someone who's coped with the physicality of English football, is just awful.

But he's a similar of player in my book. MacLean and Graham playing alongside each other would be comically immobile. And I don't think that's just my opinion: I can't recall them playing together much last time around – or at least not forming any sort of partnership.

Fairly sure MacLean was injured for a huge swathe of that season

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

The Blades fans I know say John Fleck is miles and miles better than Scougall who, sadly for him, is just too small.

I can't see how Celtic fans can really comment on Scott Allan who like Christie found it impossible to break into Scotland's best team by a country mile (thought you guys would know what that is). The Hibs fans, who saw him week in week out think SA is fucking magic however.

Agreed Spud what your mate is saying I hope the potential that was there 2-3 years ago he can discover and move on Fleck has picked up the mantle down there and is that bit stronger built. I am still delighted with the move .   

Allan will be interesting to see how he does at you guys! remember no Celtic Fan saw him last year as he was at Rotherham and could not get a game came home in the Huff, ask your mate (His wife will probably come from there they nearly always do?) what the thoughts from down there was, I only saw him the end of the previous season against us and I have to say I agree with him .You guys are used to Fat midfield  superstars of course ;) My only concern with Allan is he was good at Hibs but that was in the third best team in the league you guys and us have had that type of player many times in that league yet could not step up to the plate when they moved up I'll give you a mutual example Jamie Adams for starters. 

I do not get the Ryan Christie hype either yet if I am honest?

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fairly sure MacLean was injured for a huge swathe of that season

Yeah, he was I think – and if I remember that's when Graham scored almost all of his goals. I don't recall them as having much of a partnership when Macca returned.

He's the same height as Swanson. This "trolling", about someone who's coped with the physicality of English football, is just awful.

Swanson is like a prop forward next to Scougall. When the new manager came in at Sheffield United and started to build a successful side it was 'sorry son, you're just too small'. They even loaned him out - that's how far away he was.

Anyway I'd be getting the grounds man to cut the pitch a bit shorter. In case you lose him.

Not convinced we need an out and out left back. The good thing about Scobbie was he could cover left back and centre half. You'd ideally like a similar replacement. If Easton is struggling then Foster could move across for the first leg, depends how serious Easton's injury is I guess as to how long that would last. Craig could even cover it? I'm just not convinced about signing Dixon or ATS, it might give Easton some competition but he was excellent last season without any

58 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

That will be a youths shirt (small) I assume. You can see by the blue shirt he's wearing that he really shouldn't venture into the men's department.

He'll snap like a match.

I think you're overestimating RandomGuy's shagging ability

Are people talking about Paul Dixon? 

We're desperate to sign an experienced left back before Monday, the options are pretty slim, so a left back who's played at our level regularly over the years, would be free and is available quickly is probably the best option. Especially since he'd likely be happy to sit behind Easton in the pecking order

45 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Not convinced we need an out and out left back. The good thing about Scobbie was he could cover left back and centre half. You'd ideally like a similar replacement. If Easton is struggling then Foster could move across for the first leg, depends how serious Easton's injury is I guess as to how long that would last. Craig could even cover it? I'm just not convinced about signing Dixon or ATS, it might give Easton some competition but he was excellent last season without any

The only time I ever thought Foster was any good at Aberdeen was when he played left-back.

I think we can sign the left back after Monday and still register for him for Europe - I'm sure you can add 1 player after registration closes. 

You can yes, can add one player up until 24 hours before the first leg. As long as your squad is below 25 players and will still comply with the regulations (home grown players etc)